Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Massaman Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Massaman Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are numerous diseases linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several modest changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to massaman beef curry recipe. To cook massaman beef curry you need 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Massaman Beef Curry:
- Prepare 1 pack (250 g) of cubed chuck beef or stewing beef cut into long strips.
- You need 3 tablespoons of Massaman curry paste.
- Prepare 4-5 of shallots, peeled.
- Use 1 of onion chopped in big chunks.
- Use 1 can of coconut milk.
- Take 2-3 tbsp of fish sauce.
- Use 2-3 of grated palm sugar (or brown sugar).
- Get 2 tbsp of tamarind.
- Use 1 of medium-sized potato, peeled and cut into chunks.
- You need 4-5 tablespoons of unsalted roasted peanuts (can use cashew nut if prefer).
- Get 2 of star anise.
Instructions to make Massaman Beef Curry:
- In a big saucepan, add about 2-3 tbsp coconut milk (use the thick part) and wait until coconut milk start bubbling. Add beef in and stir for 2-3 min..
- Add star anise and Massaman curry in and mix in well..
- Add onion, in and leave it to cook for about 30 min then add potato and the rest of your coconut milk in..
- Seasoning with fishsauce, palm sugar, tamarind. Give it a taste it should be sweet, salty and a little sour and nutty. Add some cashew nuts or peanuts and stir well. Leave it to cook for about another 25 min or until potatoes cooked. Add a little bit of water if needed too..
- Perfectly serve with thai jasmine rice..
- For oven braised method: Coat beef in 1 tablespoon of oil, star anise and massaman curry paste, mix well. You can braise your beef in the oven for about an hour. Once your beef in oven for 45 min – an hour put coconut milk in saucepan, then curry paste and mix well then add your beef that have been braised in the oven in the. Add onion, fishsauce, tamarind paste, palm sugar and the rest of coconut milk in. Mix well..
If you find this Massaman Beef Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.