Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Vegetarian coconut curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vegetarian coconut curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. Even though you may already eat lots of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being picked at the right time.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vegetarian coconut curry recipe. To make vegetarian coconut curry you need 14 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Vegetarian coconut curry:
- Use 1 pk of button mushrooms.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of fresh green peas boiled.
- Provide 2 of medium carrots diced.
- Prepare 2 of large red onions diced.
- Get 1/2 of green pepper chopped.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes chopped.
- Take 2 teaspoons of tomato paste.
- Use 60 ml of coconut cream.
- Provide 4 tablespoons of sunflower oil.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin powder.
- Use 1 teaspoon of curry powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of sugar.
Instructions to make Vegetarian coconut curry:
- In a blender put the chopped tomatoes, green pepper, tomato paste and 4 tablespoon water and blend. Set aside.
- In a medium sized pot, heat the oil then put in the onions and fry until they start turning transluscent..
- Add the garam masala, cumin and curry powder and stir. Let the spices cook for 5 minutes while stirring frequently..
- After 5 minutes the onions will have started browning. Add the mushrooms and stir together. Reduce the heat to low and cover for 5 minutes. The mushrooms will begin to release its liquid..
- After 5 minutes the liquid from the mushrooms should have dried up. Continue stirring until the mushrooms start browning..
- Add the diced carrots and stir and let it cook for 5 minutes while stirring often..
- Add the boiled peas and stir to mix. Let it cook for a further 5 minutes..
- Add the tomato mix, garlic powder, sugar and salt to taste. Stir and let simmer covered on low heat for 10 minutes..
- After 10 minutes of simmering the tomato mix will have reduced to a thick sauce. Add 1 cup of hot water, stir and let it simmer covered for a further 10 minutes..
- Add the coconut cream and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring frequently to avoid curdling..
- After 5 minutes switch off the cooker and serve. Enjoy!!.
If you find this Vegetarian coconut curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.