Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Massaman Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Massaman Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, just making a couple of minor changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already think that you eat fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thai massaman curry recipe. To cook thai massaman curry you only need 23 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Massaman Curry:
- Prepare 350 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Provide 300 g of Potatoes (diced).
- Take 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Tamarind Paste (soaked in 1/2 cup warm water).
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Use 1-2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar.
- You need of [Marinade].
- Prepare 2 pinches of Salt (or more).
- Use 1/2 tsp of White Pepper (or more).
- Provide of [Massaman Spice Mix] – ground well.
- You need 1 pc of Cinnamon Stick.
- Get 5 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- Use 5 pc of Cloves.
- Prepare 5 pc of Black peppercorns.
- You need 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Get of [Curry Paste] – processed in a blender.
- You need 30 g of Red Chillies (deseed).
- You need 30 g of Green Chillies (deseed).
- Use 40 g of Garlic.
- Provide 40 g of Shallots.
- Take 20 g of Finger.
- Take 20 g of Galangal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Shrimp Paste.
Instructions to make Thai Massaman Curry:
- MARINADE; season the Chicken with Salt and Pepper and set aside for 30 minutes or more..
- CHICKEN: heat 4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil until hot. Sauté the Spice Mix for 1 minute. Then add the Chicken and coat well. Cook the Chicken until brown all over..
- PASTE & POTATOES: add the Curry Paste and Potatoes. Mix well and cook until the oil separates..
- LIQUIDS: then add in the Coconut Milk, Tamarind Juice, Palm Sugar and mix well. Bring it to a simmer and cover with a lid. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring the bottom occasionally..
- FINISH: after 10 minutes, remove the lid, and continue to cook until the gravy thickens. Garnish with Fresh Coriander Leaves and serve with rice..
If you find this Thai Massaman Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.