Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Curry oxtail recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry oxtail recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry oxtail recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from health problems such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. While we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most important thing is to step by step switch to making healthier eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you did. Like many other habits, change happens over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to return to your old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry oxtail recipe. You can have curry oxtail using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Curry oxtail:
- Get 3 lb of oxtail.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
- You need 3 tbsp of jamaican curry.
- Use 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Take 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 3 cup of water.
- Get 1 can of butter beans (lima beans) you can use white kidney beans too.
- Take 4 tbsp of shredded carrot.
- Use 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- Provide 2 of onions sliced.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of hot pepper sauce ( scotch bonnet sauce ).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to make Curry oxtail:
- Wash the ox tail in some water and then drain and add it to a large bowl that has a lid.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil 2 tbsp of curry powder the chopped garlic salt and pepper to the ox tail and massage it in the meat.
- Add the slice onions on top and cover for at least a few hours before cooking ..I myself leave over night.
- Take a deep frying pan and add 2 tbs oil and wait till it heats up and brown the ox tail removing the onions first.
- Once the ox tail is nicely browned add 1 cup of water thyme onions hot sauce ketchup worcestershire sauce and mix all together and cook 4-6 minutes.
- Add the ox tail and sauce mixture to a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water 1 tbs of curry and mix once again cover and pressure cook for 40 minutes ( I always start my pressure cooker on high heat until it starts to build its pressure and make noise then turn it down to medium heat and time it for 40 minutes ).
- Once the time is up wait for your pressure to go down before opening ( I just put the pot under some cold water for a minute ) then continue cooking adding the coconut milk shredded carrots and lima beans with the lid off until your liquid becomes more like gravy and serve over white rice.
- (tip)>> you can always add a pinch of garlic powder and sprinkle salt n pepper for a little more kick even more hot sauce if you like it more Spicey but keep in mind the more it sits the more the hot sauce will come out in it so careful !.
If you find this Curry oxtail recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.