Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating encourages a feeling of health and wellbeing. We are likely to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of wholesome foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad allows us to feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Selecting healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. Finding goodies that help us feel better and increase our levels of energy often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast wholesome snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick treats to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain foods is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
There are lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To make spicy indian one pot curry you only need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Get of basic sauce.
- Prepare of oil.
- Take 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- Use 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Take 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- Take 4 each of green chillies.
- Use 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Get of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Use 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- Get 50 grams of black gram.
- You need 50 grams of lima beans.
- You need 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Provide 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide of salt.
- Take of water.
- Use of vegetables.
- Prepare 2 medium of potatoes.
- Take 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- You need 2 medium of carrots.
- You need 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- Prepare 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- Provide of water.
- Use of salt.
- Provide of masalas.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Provide of salt.
- Take of finishing.
- Prepare 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Provide 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- You need of chopped cilantro leaves.
Steps to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.