Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes are easy to accomplish with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry (odia style) recipe. You can have fish curry (odia style) using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Fish Curry (Odia Style):
- Prepare 500 g of rohu fish(cut into round pieces).
- Get 2 of potatoes peeled & cut into pieces.
- You need 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Use 1 of tomato chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of onion paste.
- Use 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- You need To taste of salt.
- Provide 3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
Steps to make Fish Curry (Odia Style):
- Wash the fish well and marinate with 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt..
- Heat a skillet/ frying pan with 2 tsp oil. Spread it evenly. Gently place the fish pieces and shallow fry them from both sides until golden brown on a low medium heat. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same pan fry the potato and cauliflower florets by adding 1 tsp oil for 3-4 minutes. Keep them aside..
- In another pan heat remaining oil. Add in 1 tsp sugar. When sugar starts to caramelize add chopped onion. Fry onion till brown. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds. Next add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute for a couple of minutes till oil starts to ooze out from the sides..
- Then add chopped tomato and cook till it is soft and mushy..
- Next add potato and cauliflower florets and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook till potatoes are half done..
- Now add fish, stir well and cover it again. Cook till potatoes are completely done and the curry reaches a desired consistency. Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Cover and turn off the flame..
- Serve fish curry hot with plain rice..
If you find this Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.