Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most people typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be beneficial for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent option and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemicals. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lal saag (red spinach curry – bengali style) recipe. You can cook lal saag (red spinach curry – bengali style) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style):
- Take 2 bunches of Laal saag (red spinach), washed, rinsed & chopped fine.
- Use 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Use 8-10 of bodis (dried lentil dumplings).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of kalonji (nigella seeds).
- You need 1-2 of green chilies, slit.
- Prepare 1 of onion, chopped.
- Take 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
Instructions to make Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style):
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute the bodis till golden brown. Remove them and when cool, pulse them in the grinder (leaving few for garnishing). Keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with the kalonji and slit green chilies. Saute for a few seconds. Then add the garlic and saute till they change colour..
- Add the onion and continue to fry till light brown. Now add the chopped laal shaag, salt and turmeric powder. Stir fry on a low flame till dry..
- Just before serving, sprinkle the crushed bodis and serve along with steamed rice. They can also be had with chapattis..
If you find this Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.