Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These more nutritious food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For instance, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you might want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a great choice and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still contain virtually all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawns & bitter gourds curry in the mustard sauce gravy recipe. You can cook prawns & bitter gourds curry in the mustard sauce gravy using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy:
- Prepare 100 gms of Bitter Gourd (Karela)- a bit sautéed already before the actual cooking.
- Prepare 300 gms of Prawns.
- You need To Taste of Salt.
- Take 1 tsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Get 1 tsp of Red Chilli Powder.
- Use 100 gms of Potatoes (cur into medium-small chunks)- slightly sautéed until light brown, prior to the actual cooking).
- You need 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 4 tbsps of Cooking Oil (Mustard Oil).
- Get 1/3 Cup of Mustard Paste (Shorshe Baata), mixed with curd slightly & made to a bit slurry paste.
- Take 1 tsp of panchphoran.
- You need 4-5 of Green Chillies (slit).
- Get 1 Cup of Onion Slices.
- Take 1 tsp of Desi Ghee.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of plain curd/yoghurt (well beaten/whisked with a tsp of sugar).
- Take 1-2 of Dry Red Chillies.
Steps to make Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy:
- Take a kadhai/wok- put in it the measured amount of oil & heat it up well enough & then reduce the flame to medium & put in the panch phoron & Dry Red Chilli.
- Once it releases it's aroma- add in the onion slices and sauté until a bit translucent and then, add into it the prawns/shrimps & keep sautéing for about 2 mins time.
- Now, add in the Karelas & Potatoes keep sautéing for about another 2 mins time & then add to it- Salt, Turmeric Powder, Red Chilli Powder, Sugar, Mustard Paste etc. until all well incorporated (except the ghee).
- We need to cover the pan with a lid post adding a slash of hot-warm water to it and allow it to be well cooked now.
- Once it’s all well cooked, give a stir & lastly, pour in the ghee & again, give it a really nice mix to the entire thing- (Please maintain the very consistency shown in the pics), switch off the flame & cover it for about 10 mins time in it's standing position.
- We’re now, all set for the dish to be served on the platters.
If you find this Prawns & Bitter Gourds Curry in the Mustard Sauce Gravy recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.