Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than before and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are dealing with health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make a few small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you might want to consider how fresh they are. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and vegetables, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients because of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to red lentil & butternut squash coconut dal recipe. To cook red lentil & butternut squash coconut dal you only need 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal:
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- Prepare 2 of onions.
- You need 400 g of red split lentils.
- Take 400 ml of coconut milk.
- Get 800 ml of water (boiling).
- Use 1 tsp of tomato puree.
- Provide 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of chilli powder (or fresh chilli).
- You need 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- Get of Pumpkin seeds.
- Get of Salt, pepper, oil.
- Use of To serve:.
- You need of Coriander garnish (optional).
- Prepare of Plain naan bread.
Steps to make Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal:
- Peel and chop the butternut squash into small squares. Add a small amount of olive oil to two baking trays and split the squash over the two trays so they are a single layer. Season with salt and pepper, and half a teaspoon of curry powder per tray. Mix with your hands an out in the oven for 45mins at 210c. (Or cook until they are just starting to brown on the outside)..
- Meanwhile, chop the onion into small squares. Add to a large frying pan with a small amount of oil. Cook for 2 mins on medium heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of curry powder, tomato puree and chilli powder. Stir to coat the onion and cook for a further two mins..
- Next add the water, coconut milk, stock cube and lentils. Stir well and leave to cook for 30mins on a low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent it catching..
- Once both the dal and squash is cooked, check seasoning and add more pepper or chilli to taste. Add the squash to the dal and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Garnish with coriander and serve with naans..
If you find this Red Lentil & Butternut Squash Coconut Dal recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.