Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curry oxtail recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry oxtail recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Making the decision to eat healthily has incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that many people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out several small changes.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for example, has monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin because it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are a great alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s easy to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to curry oxtail recipe. You can have curry oxtail using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Curry oxtail:
- Take 3 lb of oxtail.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of coconut milk.
- Get 3 tbsp of jamaican curry.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ketchup.
- Take 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Use 3 cup of water.
- Take 1 can of butter beans (lima beans) you can use white kidney beans too.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of shredded carrot.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic chopped.
- Use 2 of onions sliced.
- Provide 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of hot pepper sauce ( scotch bonnet sauce ).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of worcestershire sauce.
Instructions to make Curry oxtail:
- Wash the ox tail in some water and then drain and add it to a large bowl that has a lid.
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil 2 tbsp of curry powder the chopped garlic salt and pepper to the ox tail and massage it in the meat.
- Add the slice onions on top and cover for at least a few hours before cooking ..I myself leave over night.
- Take a deep frying pan and add 2 tbs oil and wait till it heats up and brown the ox tail removing the onions first.
- Once the ox tail is nicely browned add 1 cup of water thyme onions hot sauce ketchup worcestershire sauce and mix all together and cook 4-6 minutes.
- Add the ox tail and sauce mixture to a pressure cooker with 2 cups of water 1 tbs of curry and mix once again cover and pressure cook for 40 minutes ( I always start my pressure cooker on high heat until it starts to build its pressure and make noise then turn it down to medium heat and time it for 40 minutes ).
- Once the time is up wait for your pressure to go down before opening ( I just put the pot under some cold water for a minute ) then continue cooking adding the coconut milk shredded carrots and lima beans with the lid off until your liquid becomes more like gravy and serve over white rice.
- (tip)>> you can always add a pinch of garlic powder and sprinkle salt n pepper for a little more kick even more hot sauce if you like it more Spicey but keep in mind the more it sits the more the hot sauce will come out in it so careful !.
If you find this Curry oxtail recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.