Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you probably buy a lot of items out of habit. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One healthy alternative that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If this is not to your liking on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish head lentil curry – bengali style recipe. To make fish head lentil curry – bengali style you need 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style:
- Prepare 1/2 cup of moong dal (split green gram), dry roasted.
- Use 1 of Rohu fish head, deep fried.
- Get 1 of onion, chopped.
- Get 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of tomato paste /1/2 cup tomato puree.
- Take 4 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of panch phoron (equal quantities of fennel, fenugreek, cumin, mustard & nigella seeds).
- Get 1" of cinnamon.
- You need 2 of green cardamoms.
- You need 4 of cloves.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 of dry red chilli, broken into half.
- Get 1 tbsp. of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp. of garam masala powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- Get 1-2 of green chilies, slit (opt).
- Prepare 1 tsp. of ghee (clarified butter).
Instructions to make Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style:
- Dry roast the moong dal (split green gram). Boil in 1 1/2 cups water for 4-5 whistles. When cool, whisk well along with salt and turmeric powder and keep aside..
- Deep fry the fish head after marinating with a pinch of salt & turmeric powder..
- Temper the oil with panch phoron, dry red chilli, cinnamon, cardamoms, cloves and bay leaves. Saute for a few seconds..
- Add onion and saute till light brown..
- Add the ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder, tomato paste & garam masala powder mixed with 2-3 tbsp. water..
- Add the boiled dal, salt, green chilies (opt) and the fried fish head..
- When done, add ghee and mix well. Serve hot with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Fish Head Lentil Curry – Bengali Style recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.