Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Meat Curry Buns recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meat Curry Buns recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Energy Treats.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, in terms of eating between snacks. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Whole grain snacks are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch break. Chips and crackers produced from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Deciding on whole grain food items is always better than eating the processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large variety of quick health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy and balanced doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meat curry buns recipe. To cook meat curry buns you need 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Meat Curry Buns:
- You need of A. Tanzhong/water roux/slurry.
- Take 60 g of bread flour/plain flour.
- Use 300 g of water.
- You need of B. Meat Curry Filling.
- Use 2 C of diced potato.
- You need 2 C of cooked, minced meat.
- Provide 4 tbsp of cooking oil.
- Get 1/2 C of minced brown onion.
- Use 1/2 tsp of hot chilli flakes.
- You need 1 tbsp of shredded curry leaves.
- Use 1 tsp of KEEN curry powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of BABA's meat curry powder.
- Use 1/2 C of water.
- Take 2 tsp of chicken seasoning powder.
- Prepare of (Or salt to taste).
- Provide of C. The dough (bun).
- You need 150 g of water.
- Prepare 1 (60 g) of egg – lightly beaten.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Provide 2 tbsp of butter/oil.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 540 g of bread flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of milk powder.
- Use 1 tsp of bread improver.
- You need 2 1/4 tsp of INSTANT dried yeast.
- Use of D. Glazing.
- Use 1 of egg – beaten (apply before baking).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of butter (apply after baking).
Steps to make Meat Curry Buns:
- Note: Start by preparing tanzhong/water roux. This can be made few hours earlier or a day before baking. Next, prepare/cook the filling. Then, Measure out all ingredients before getting started..
- A. Tangzhong – Mix flour and water in a small pot and whisk until there is no lump. Heat this mixture over low heat, keep stirring until it turns into a thick paste. Tangzhong is ready when the spoon used to stir leaves a visible trail all the way to the bottom of the pan. Turn off the heat and leave to cool completely. Cover with plastic wrap to keep it from drying before adding to the bread dough. This tanzhong can be prepared the night before or an hour before baking..
- B. Meat Curry Filling – half cook diced potato. Drain water. In a pot, cook minced meat in water, let it boil and then, drain the water. Next, heat oil over medium heat, add minced brown onion, shredded curry leaves, KEEN curry powder, BABA's meat/chicken curry powder & hot chilli flakes. Stir until aromatic then add cubed potato & 1/2 cup of water. Simmer for 2 minutes. Stir in minced meat & season. Taste & adjust. Let this filling simmer over low heat until potato is tender..
- C. The Dough – Proof active dried yeast in 150g of tepid water for 5-10mins. In a mixing bowl of a stand mixer with dough hook attached, add A (tanzhong), yeast mixture and the rest of the ingredients in C & mix at low speed for about 5mins. Stop the mixer, scrap the dough from the side of the bowl. Continue mixing (increased speed) & kneading for 10-15mins until dough is stretchable. This dough is a bit wet & sticky. Dont be tempted to add extra flour. Proceed to step 6..
- Note: If using a bread maker, place A (Tangzhong) in a bread pan followed by the rest of the ingredients in C. If using INSTANT DRIED YEAST, no proofing is required. INSTANT DRIED YEAST is added last to the bread pan. Press ‘dough’ function. Wait until it beeps and stops then Proceed to step 7..
- Grease a big bowl with oil. Transfer the dough into this bowl. Cover with cling film and let it rise for 1 hour or more or until it doubles in size..
- Once the first proofing is done, transfer dough to a generously floured work top. Punch the air out of the dough. Divide & weigh dough into smaller portions (50g each). Roll each portion lightly into balls (avoid pressing when rolling). Do the same with the rest..
- Once all done, take each ball, flatten & place a tsp full of filling then seal or wrap it neatly. Then roll the dough again in a circular motion with your palm against the table until it forms a round ball. Place the dough balls on a baking sheet/tray lined with parchment paper. Cover & let rise for another 40-50mins. Preheat oven to 160-170 C..
- Right before baking, gently brush the rolls with thin layer of beaten egg. Bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are lightly golden. Apply a thin layer of melted butter right after the buns are out from the oven. Serve warm. Extra buns can be kept for few days. Microwave for 30sec & serve warm..
If you find this Meat Curry Buns recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.