Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes right away. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make big changes, but the most important thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai coconut chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai coconut chicken curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Get of Large handful of cilantro, stems or roots only.
- Prepare 4 knobs of fresh turmeric, skin peeled.
- You need 7 cloves of Garlic, skin peeled.
- Prepare 1 of large piece of ginger, skin peeled and cut into large knobs.
- You need 3 of Shallots, skin peeled and sliced in half.
- Provide 2 stalks of Lemongrass, skin peeled and cut into short pieces.
- You need 5 of Thai green chilies.
- Get 4 of Serrano chilies, deseeded and split lengthwise.
- Take 3 of boneless chicken thighs (skin on).
- Get of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Get 1/4 cup of curry paste.
- Prepare 1 1/4 of cup(ish) coconut milk.
- Prepare 1 cup of broccoli tops.
- Take 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas.
- You need Handful of Basil.
- Use Squeeze of lime juice.
- Use of Coconut sugar (regular sugar works fine as well).
Steps to make Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- The night before, salt and pepper your chicken thighs and leave it in the fridge overnight. This dries out the chicken skin and will help create a delicious crispy chicken skin..
- In a food processor, add in the cilantro, turmeric, garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, and serrano chilies. Blend into a fine paste..
- Next, give it a taste to see if you like the spicy flavor. Then add in as many or as little green thai chilies that you’d like. I choose 5 for a nice balance spicy curry paste..
- In a large skillet, cook the thighs skin side down on medium heat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through. You really just want some nice golden brown color..
- Next, add in your curry paste and fry until super fragrant and the moisture has been fried off as well!.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil separates from the curry paste. Next, add in about 2 tablespoons of water just to thin it out and cook for just a couple of minutes..
- Add in coconut sugar to desired sweetness.
- Add in your broccoli tops, sugar snap peas, and diced crispy chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until you veggies are tender NOT mushy and the chicken has been cooked through..
- Lastly, add in your basil and a squeeze of lime. Serve over rice and enjoy!.
If you find this Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.