Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Stingray with Spicy Gravy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Stingray with Spicy Gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Stingray with Spicy Gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who suffer from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, simply making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a great deal of fruits and vegetables, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are an excellent choice and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. If you can find a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also ingest foods that have not lost their nutrients due to storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to stingray with spicy gravy recipe. You can cook stingray with spicy gravy using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Stingray with Spicy Gravy:
- Prepare 1 of medium stingray fish – cut into pieces.
- You need 1 of large onion – thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 of tomatoes – slices.
- Get 3 of green chili – cut into slices.
- Prepare 3 of stems of curry leaves.
- Provide 5 cloves of garlic and 1 inch ginger – blend/mash/grated.
- Take 3 of baby corn – cut small.
- You need 1 tbsp of fish curry powder.
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of chili powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of spices mix (fenugreek, fennel, mustard seed, cumin and urad).
- Get 1 cup of tamarind water.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of thin coconut milk.
- Take of Mixture of 1 cup evaporated lowfat milk with 1/2 sliced onions and tomatoes.
- Take 3 tbsp of canola oil.
- Provide of For garnish; slices of onions, gren chilies and curry leaves.
Steps to make Stingray with Spicy Gravy:
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- For tamarind water: Take lemon size of tamarind. Add ½ cup of hot water over the tamarind. Soak the tamarind for about 10 minutes. This process helps to soften the tamarind. Next step use fingers to mash the tamarind into the water until it is completely soft. This helps to extract the juice from the tamarind. Next, strain the tamarind water into another bowl. Add another 1/2 cup of water and mash the pulp once again to make more tamarind water. The tamarind water is now ready for use in gravy..
- To remove the fishy smells from the stingray, soak the fish pieces for 30 minutes with 1 tbsp salt and a handful tamarind. Then wash well..
- Heat oil, add mix spices, onion, tomato green chilli and curry leaves. Saute well. Next add ginger and garlic paste and baby corn. Sauté again for 1 to 2 min..
- Next add all 3 types of curry powder and other spices powder. Give it a stir. Then add water and salt. Slowly stir everything together..
- Bring to boil. Over in low flame, cook until the traces of oil appear on the surface. Once the oil separates, add tamarind juice and thin coconut milk. Stir and let boil for few minutes..
- Then add evaporated low-fat milk mixture. Let boil for 2 to 3 min again..
- Once gravy thicken slightly, add the fish 1 by 1 and simmer until cooked through. Cook on medium flame. Don't stir too hard. The fish breaks easily if stir too much. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Lastly sprinkle the sliced onion, green chili and curry leaves over the gravy to enhance the aroma. Turn off the flame when the green chili changes it's color. Serve with hot rice..
If you find this Stingray with Spicy Gravy recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.