Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically alter your eating habits. Even more important than totally altering your diet is simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever you can. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to vickys jerk chicken w jamaican-style rice & peas, gf df ef sf nf recipe. You can cook vickys jerk chicken w jamaican-style rice & peas, gf df ef sf nf using 30 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF:
- Get of Jerk Marinade.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of garlic, finely chopped.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of dried thyme.
- Use 1 tbsp of oregano.
- Use 1 tbsp of low-sodium salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- Use 4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Use 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- Use 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Use 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- Use 480 ml of fresh orange juice.
- Take 480 ml of fresh pineapple juice.
- Provide 240 ml of worcestershire sauce, see my profile for a gluten-free recipe.
- Take 6 of skinless, boneless chicken breasts.
- Get of Rice & Peas (Kidney Beans).
- Use 2100 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 400 grams of can of coconut milk.
- You need 550 grams of basmati rice.
- Get 5 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- Get 3 of spring onions/scallions, just the green leaves, sliced.
- Provide 1 of scotch bonnet chilli, whole.
- Prepare 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- Get 1 tsp of salt.
- Use 1 tsp of pepper.
- You need 1 can of red kidney beans, 400g undrained.
Steps to make Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF:
- In a large bowl, mix together all of the marinade ingredients apart from the chicken.
- Put the chicken in a dish, pour over enough marinade to cover it in and reserve the rest. Cover both and chill in the fridge overnight.
- To make the rice & peas, first rinse the rice well.
- Put into a large pan with everything apart from the kidney beans and bring back to the boil.
- Turn down to a simmer, put the lid on the pan and let the rice cook for 25 minutes or until just a little water remains in the pan.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill/broiler on medium and cook the chicken, discarding the marinade for 4 minutes on each side then remove and cool. The chicken won't be cooked fully at this point.
- Remove the chicken and let it rest for 2 minutes. Cut each piece in half lengthwise.
- Turn the grill to low, brush the chicken all over with the reserved marinade and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is done, basting frequently with the marinade.
- To finish the rice, remove the chilli, add the undrained kidney beans and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat and let sit until the liquid is all absorbed.
- Serve the chicken over the rice & peas.
If you find this Vickys Jerk Chicken w Jamaican-Style Rice & Peas, GF DF EF SF NF recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.