Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malay Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malay Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in illnesses such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. In all probability, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of simple changes.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically change your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you want to make major changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malay fish curry recipe. To cook malay fish curry you need 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Malay Fish Curry:
- Take of Halba Campur (Thalippu Spice Blend) recipe;.
- Get 1 Tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Fenugreek.
- Use 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Take 1 tsp of Black Gram (Ulunthu).
- Get of Main Ingredients;.
- Use 130 g of Sea bass fillet (mackerel is good too).
- Provide 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder (see Malay Chicken Curry).
- Take 1 Tbsp of Halba Campur.
- Take 20 g of Shallots (finely chopped).
- Get 10 g of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Provide 20 g of Ginger (finely chopped).
- Take 6 of curry leaves.
- You need 100 g of Potatoes (slice).
- Use 100 g of Tomatoes (diced).
- Get 2 pc of Tamarind slices.
- Use 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- Provide 1/2 cup of Water.
- Take 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- Get 1 Stalk of Spring Onion (for Garnish).
Instructions to make Malay Fish Curry:
- In a wok heat cooking oil on high heat. Fry the Halba Campur spice blend until fragrant. Then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry these until fragrant. Then add the curry powder and mix well until that is fragrant..
- Next add the tomatoes and potatoes and fry for 1 minute. After that, add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid. Let it stew for 5 minutes while stirring every 1 minute..
- Next turn down the heat to low heat. Add in the coconut milk, tamarind slices, curry leaves, sugar, salt and then mix well. Add in the fish and cover with lid for 5 minutes. Serve on a plate and garnish with spring onions..
- COMMENTARY; Black Gram that you use for this is the processed one and it is white in color. The Malay name for it is Halba Putih (White Fenugreek) which is wrong. You can substitute Black Gram with Nigella Seeds (Black Carraway) and this spice blend recipe is called Panch Phoron that is used in Northeast India (Bengal, Nepal).
If you find this Malay Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.