Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Power Goodies.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross after we increase our intake of healthy foods and lower our consumption of processed foods. A little bit of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nonetheless, in terms of eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Certain foods made from whole grains are great for a quick snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. Chips and crackers created from whole grains can be excellent for quick snack foods to eat on the go. Selecting whole grain food items is always much better than eating the highly processed grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily accessible. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea curry recipe. To make chickpea curry you only need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 2 TBSP of Canola / Peanut / Vegetable Oil,.
- Get 1 of Red Onion Thinly Sliced,.
- You need Pinch of Sea Salt,.
- Provide Pinch of Black Pepper,.
- You need 3 Cloves of Garlic Finely Minced,.
- You need 2 TSP of Bengal Style Garam Masala,.
- Prepare 1 TBSP of Madras Curry Powder,.
- Prepare Pinch of Cayenne,.
- You need 14.5 oz of Chickpeas Canned Drained,.
- Provide 14.5 oz of Tomatoes Canned Diced,.
- Prepare 14.5 oz of Coconut Milk,.
- Take 2 TBSP of Maple Syrup,.
- You need 2 TBSP of Pic's Peanut Butter.
- Get of Fresh Lemon Juice, 1/2 Lemon.
- Take of Fresh Lemon Zest, 1/2 Lemon.
- You need of Cauliflower Couscous, 4 Servings.
- You need of Vegan-Friendly Pita Homemade or Store-Bought, For Serving.
- Take of Coriander Coarsely Chopped, For Garnishing.
Steps to make Chickpea Curry:
- You can use store-bought vegan-friendly pita or visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2018/10/03/greek-pita-bread Replace the milk with any dairy-free milk for a vegan option..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/couscous-sweet-potato-boats for the couscous recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/madras-curry-powder for the curry powder recipe..
- Pls visit: https://www.fatdough.sg/post/2019/11/21/bengal-style-garam-masala for the garam masala recipe..
- In a sauce pot over medium heat, drizzle oil. Once the oil is heated up, add in the onion. Season with salt and pepper..
- Saute until onions are caramelized. Add in garlic. Saute until aromatic. Add in the garam masala, curry powder and cayenne. Saute until aromatic..
- Add in chickpeas, tomatoes and coconut milk. *If you are using fresh chickpeas, soak them in water overnight.* Stir to combine well and deglaze the bottom of the pot. Bring it up to a simmer and turn the heat down to low..
- Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. *Stir occasionally to prevent burning.* Add in maple syrup and peanut butter. Taste and adjust for seasonings with salt and pepper..
- Give it a quick stir. Remove from heat. Finish the curry off with lemon juice and zest..
- Give it a final stir. Spoon over some cauliflower couscous or pita bread. Sprinkle some coriander over the top. Serve immediately..
If you find this Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.