Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is now a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a detrimental way. A lot of people typically believe that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of simple changes.
You can obtain results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes right away. Even more crucial than totally changing your diet is just simply substituting healthy eating choices whenever possible. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for some time. Like many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you will not feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy black lentil curry recipe. To make creamy black lentil curry you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Black Lentil Curry:
- Take 1 1/2 cup of black lentils.
- Use 2 1/4 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Get 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- Use 1 large of chopped onion.
- Use 1 each of green chili.
- Use 1 tbsp of fresh ginger diced.
- Provide 1/2 cup of milk or cream.
- Use 2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Get 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of kosher salt or to taste.
- You need 3 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Use 1 tbsp of garlic chopped.
- You need 1 each of cilantro handful (garnish).
- You need 1 can of beans (optional).
- Get 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper (optional).
Instructions to make Creamy Black Lentil Curry:
- Rinse black lentils, add lentils, 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon oil to pressure cooker. Pressure cook 20 minutes, allow to cool down naturally. Or in a large pot bring lentils and water to boil, add 1 extra cup water, cook medium low for 45 minutes until done..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot. When it is hot, add cumin, stir, after about 30 seconds, add onion and green chili. Cook until onion is translucent..
- Add ginger and garlic, stir, cook for about 1 minute..
- Add the cooked lentils, beans, 2 cups water, milk (soy or almond milk can be used), turmeric, salt and chili powder, cayenne. Stir to combine..
- Let cook on medium heat, STIRRING FREQUENTLY. 15-20 minutes until it thickens..
- Turn off heat, add lemon juice and butter. Sprinkle with garnish..
- Serve with rice or warm bread..
If you find this Creamy Black Lentil Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.