Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Style) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, most people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
Initially, you must be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For instance, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? One heart-healthy alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to mochar ghonto (banana blossom curry – bengali style) recipe. To make mochar ghonto (banana blossom curry – bengali style) you only need 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Style):
- Take of banana blossom, cleaned and chopped finely.
- You need of potato cubed.
- Use of black chana (chickpeas), boiled.
- Provide of grated fresh coconut.
- Use of mustard oil.
- Provide of bay leaves.
- Get of dry red chilies.
- Use of cumin seeds.
- Take of cinnamon.
- Prepare of green cardamoms.
- Take of cloves.
- Get of onion chopped.
- Get of ginger-garlic paste.
- Take of turmeric powder.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- Provide of roasted coriander-cumin powder.
- Prepare of garam masala powder.
- Use of salt.
- Get of green chilies slit.
- Prepare of atta (whole wheat flour) mixed with 1/4 cup water.
- Use of ghee (clarified butter).
- Use of fresh grated coconut and green chilies to garnish (opt).
Steps to make Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Style):
- Soak the chopped banana blossom in tamarind water for an hour. Drain and pressure cook in required quantity of water, salt and pinch of turmeric powder for 4-5 whistles. Drain the water, rinse and mash well. Keep aside..
- Heat 1 tsp. oil in non-stick pan and fry the coconut till golden in colour. Keep aside. Heat 1 tbsp. oil and fry the potatoes till light brown. keep aside..
- Heat remaining oil and temper with bay leaves, dry red chilies, cumin seeds, cinnamon, cardamoms and cloves. Saute for a few seconds till the spluttering stops..
- Add the onion and fry till light brown. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and all the dry spices (except salt and garam masala powder) mixed with little water to form a paste..
- Saute on a low flame till oil separates. Add the boiled banana blossom, green chilies, fried potatoes and boiled black chickpeas. Saute till the moisture dries up. Sprinkle some water and continue to cook for another 5-7 minutes..
- Now add the flour paste and combine well. Cook for a further 1-2 minutes. When done, add the ghee, fried coconut and the garam masala..
- Give it a mix and garnish with green chilies and coriander leaves. Serve either with plain steamed rice or any Indian bread..
If you find this Mochar Ghonto (Banana Blossom Curry – Bengali Style) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.