Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. People typically assume that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food since it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One nutritious option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is not difficult to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran) recipe. You can have plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran) using 15 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran):
- Take 1 of plantain Raw cooking.
- You need 10 of water skinned , chopped and soaked in for minutes.
- Provide 1/2 cup of coconut grated.
- Take 2 cloves of garlic Crushed.
- Get 1 of green chillies -.
- Provide 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder -.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Get a few of Water – (for steam to cook the veggie) spoons.
- Prepare of For the seasoning -.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of coconut oil -.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard seeds -.
- Get 3 of shallot Sliced -.
- Use 2 of chilly dry red -.
- Take 1 sprig of Curry leaves -.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of Cumin seeds -.
Instructions to make Plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran):
- Mix the skinned, chopped, soaked in water plantain, grated coconut, turmeric, salt, garlic, chillies into a pan and cook till plantain is tender. Make sure it doesn't burn, by stirring occasionally..
- Once cooked, do the seasoning (tadka)..
- Heat oil in a small pan, splutter the mustard seeds in it. Add the cumin seeds. Add the sliced shallots, broken red dry chillies and curry leaves. Let the shallots turn light brown..
- Remove from flame and add it to the main dish..
If you find this Plantain with grated coconut (kaya thoran) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.