Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re constantly being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. In reality, however, just making a couple of modest changes can positively affect everyday eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry (odia style) recipe. To cook fish curry (odia style) you only need 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fish Curry (Odia Style):
- Get 500 g of rohu fish(cut into round pieces).
- You need 2 of potatoes peeled & cut into pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cauliflower florets.
- Get 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of tomato chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of onion paste.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Provide 1 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin powder.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Get To taste of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Provide 1 tsp of sugar.
Steps to make Fish Curry (Odia Style):
- Wash the fish well and marinate with 1 tsp turmeric powder and salt..
- Heat a skillet/ frying pan with 2 tsp oil. Spread it evenly. Gently place the fish pieces and shallow fry them from both sides until golden brown on a low medium heat. Remove and keep aside..
- In the same pan fry the potato and cauliflower florets by adding 1 tsp oil for 3-4 minutes. Keep them aside..
- In another pan heat remaining oil. Add in 1 tsp sugar. When sugar starts to caramelize add chopped onion. Fry onion till brown. Add red chilli powder, turmeric powder and saute for few seconds. Next add onion paste, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder and salt. Saute for a couple of minutes till oil starts to ooze out from the sides..
- Then add chopped tomato and cook till it is soft and mushy..
- Next add potato and cauliflower florets and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add 2 cups of water, cover and cook till potatoes are half done..
- Now add fish, stir well and cover it again. Cook till potatoes are completely done and the curry reaches a desired consistency. Add garam masala powder and chopped coriander leaves. Cover and turn off the flame..
- Serve fish curry hot with plain rice..
If you find this Fish Curry (Odia Style) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.