Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Prawn Curry – Healthy……ish recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Prawn Curry – Healthy……ish recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn Curry – Healthy……ish recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a number of diseases associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re always being advised to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been shown to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy at the start of the day. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that can supply you with other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn curry – healthy……ish recipe. You can cook prawn curry – healthy……ish using 24 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Prawn Curry – Healthy……ish:
- Get 1 of Red Onion.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Provide 1 pinch of Saffron.
- Provide 3 of Turmeric.
- Take 2 tsp of All Spices.
- Provide 1 tsp of Cummin.
- Use 1 each of Ginger Root.
- You need 1 of Green Chilli, good strength.
- Get 2 clove of Garlic.
- Get 6 of Tomatoes.
- Take 1/2 box of Cherry or small plumb tomatoes.
- Prepare 1/4 of Natural low fat yogurt.
- Use 1 bunch of Corriander.
- Take of Salt.
- Provide of Pepper.
- Take of Honey.
- Provide 1 dash of Olive oil.
- Take of Asian.
- Provide 1 cup of Rice.
- You need 1 packages of Coconut Paste/Milk (optional, read step 7).
- Take 1 of Vegetable – Sweet/Chiqunio Peppers or Courgette/Aubergine.
- Prepare 500 grams of King Prawns, the better and bigger the prawns the better and bigger the test.
- Provide 1 1/4 of Lime – (personal taste, I don't add but you can).
- Get 1 packages of Concentrated tomato paste (only for emergency if you over sweeten curry).
Steps to make Prawn Curry – Healthy……ish:
- Finely chop onion, ginger, garlic.
- Add dash of oil to pan and heat, once hot add saffron, paprika, all spices, turmeric and cummin. Stir for like a minute and do not let burn..
- Add onion, ginger and garlic and cook until brownish colour..
- Dice and add chilli, use half a chilli don't over heat, use fresh chilli more flavour then curry powders..
- While base paste cooks chop tomatoes into qtrs and add, half cherry/plumb tomatoes and add. Cook down into nice mushy paste.
- Add yogurt and stir in, salt and pepper to taste (be generous with the salt).
- Start to cook rice, I add coconut paste/milk to rice for this dish, you don't have to. To cook rice I fry small amount of oil, don't let rice burn, then add paste/milk stir in and then just cover with water and keep adding small amounts of water as it boils off..
- Chop and add vegetables – I tend to use small chiqunio peppers or sweet peppers as add colour and sweetness. Sliced into rings..
- Now add prawns.
- Chop Corriander and add about half to sauce and stir in..
- Add dash of honey to taste, if the curry sauce is still acidic add dash more, try it to over sweeten, however if to sweet rescue with concentrated tomato paste (can add lime).
- Taste your curry.
- Strength – If the curry is not hot enough add more of the chilli.
- Spice Flavour – you want more curry spice whack add a little more cummin and all spice.
- Colour – I like a golden yellow prawn curry, add a little more turmeric to colour yellow and paprika for brown/reddish tint..
- If the rice is ready then serve, sprinkle on remainder of Corriander to curry and a little to rice..
If you find this Prawn Curry – Healthy……ish recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.