Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Potato and lentil curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato and lentil curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato and lentil curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from conditions such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. Most likely, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These sorts of changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. It can likewise be good for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are typically lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to potato and lentil curry recipe. You can cook potato and lentil curry using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Potato and lentil curry:
- Provide 5 of waxy potatoes.
- You need 1 cup of red lentils.
- Use 2 of fresh or 1/2 tin or carton of tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 of thumb of ginger.
- Take 1/2 of lemon.
- Take 1 sprig of coriander.
- Get 2 of black cardamon.
- Take 2 of green cardamon.
- Provide 1 of star anise.
- Use A few of cumin seeds.
Steps to make Potato and lentil curry:
- Peel the potatoes and cook until cooked. They will have a little further cooking in the lentils so don’t overlook them.
- Cook the lentils in boiling water, skimming off the foam when it rises to the top. This is important otherwise the lentils are bitter..
- Drain the potatoes and chopped garlic and ginger and spices and fry lightly for 5 minutes. Add the tomato and lentils and cook on a low heat for a further 5 – 10 minutes..
- Squeeze with lemon and sprinkle with coriander to serve..
If you find this Potato and lentil curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.