Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry – Kuzi Ayam recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry – Kuzi Ayam recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry – Kuzi Ayam recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These healthier food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. For example, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It can likewise be good for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. Organic foods are an excellent alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier since you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to malay chicken kuzi curry – kuzi ayam recipe. To cook malay chicken kuzi curry – kuzi ayam you need 31 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry – Kuzi Ayam:
- Take 600 g of Chicken Meat (cut into pieces).
- Get of [Garlic Turmeric Paste] – ground well.
- Provide 40 g of Garlic.
- Prepare 30 g of Ginger Root.
- Get 20 g of Turmeric Root.
- Take of [Caramelised Onions].
- Provide 300 g of Yellow Onions (finely sliced).
- Get 2 Tbsp of Butter/Ghee.
- You need 1 g of Salt.
- You need of [Sauce].
- Take 50 g of Red Onions (diced roughly).
- You need 50 g of Shallots (sliced finely).
- Provide 300 g of Ripe Tomatoes (diced finely).
- Get 50 g of Almonds (flaked).
- Use 50 g of Raisins or Sultanas.
- Provide 3 pc of Cardamom Pods.
- Provide 2 pc of Star Anise.
- Take 1 cup of Evaporated Milk (like Ideal) or Cream.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Kuzi Spice Mix (see below).
- Use 1 Tbsp of Honey (optional).
- Use as needed of Ghee/Butter.
- Get as needed of Salt.
- Prepare of [Kuzi Spice Mix].
- Provide 1 Tbsp of Coriander Powder.
- Provide 2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- You need 2 tsp of Fennel Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of White Pepper Powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Ground Cloves.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Ground Nutmeg.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Ground Mace.
Steps to make Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry – Kuzi Ayam:
- MARINADE: marinate the Chicken with 1/2 the Garlic Turmeric Paste and 1/2 tsp Salt, for 30 minutes or more..
- ALMONDS & RAISINS: heat 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil on a low heat. Toast the Almonds until it's light brown, then remove and set aside. Next, fry the Raisins until they puffed up, remove and set aside..
- CARAMELISED ONIONS: heat 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Butter on a low heat. Add the Yellow Onions and Salt. Then Sauté the Onions until they brown all over. Remove, and let it cool. Once cooled, ground the Caramelised Onions into a paste..
- CHICKEN: heat 3-4 Tbsp of Cooking Oil on high heat. Fry the Chicken until brown all over. Remove and set aside..
- SAUCE: add 2 Tbsp of Ghee or Butter on medium heat. Fry the Cardamom Pods and Star Anise for a few seconds (until they pop). Fry the remaining Garlic Turmeric Paste until fragrant. Next, fry the Shallots and Red Onions until fragrant. Then add 1 Tbsp of Kuzi Spice Mix and mix well. Then, add the Tomatoes and 1 cup of Water. Mix well and bring it to a simmer. Cook until the Tomatoes are soft and disintegrating..
- ASSEMBLY: add the Caramelised Onions and mix well until they dissolve. Then add the Milk, the Chicken, the Raisins, Honey, Almonds and mix well. Serve with Rice or Bread..
- This is a dark Kuzi Curry, with extra Caramelised Onions and Chillies..
If you find this Malay Chicken Kuzi Curry – Kuzi Ayam recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.