Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chana Dal Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chana Dal Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Deciding to eat healthily offers great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It also has vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. Although you may already consume a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chana dal curry recipe. To make chana dal curry you only need 16 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Chana Dal Curry:
- Get 1/2 cup of chana dal (bengal gram).
- Take 1 1/2 cup of water.
- Use 1 of boiled potato cut into chunks(optional).
- You need 2 tbsp of oil.
- Take 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 of onion chopped.
- Take 1 of green chilli chopped.
- Get 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Take 1 of tomato chopped.
- Provide 1 tbsp of chopped coriander leaves.
- Get To taste of salt.
- Get 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garam masala powder.
Steps to make Chana Dal Curry:
- Wash chana dal well and soak in water for 1-2 hours..
- Drain the water and transfer the chana dal to a pressure cooker with 1 1/2 cups of normal water and a pinch of salt. Pressure cook it for 3-4 whistles. When the pressure releases, open the lid..
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds. When they splutter add chopped onion and chopped green chilli. Saute until onion turns lightly golden. Add ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell disappears. Next add chopped tomato, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Fry until tomato turns soft. Then add turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and saute till oil separates..
- Now add the boiled chana dal with the leftover stock or water in the cooker. Add the boiled potato and mix everything well. If needed add little water to bring it to the desired consistency.
- Lightly mash the dal with the ladle to get a thick consistency. Cook until the dal begins to bubble well. Then lower the heat and add garam masala powder. Cover and switch off the flame..
- Serve the chana dal curry hot garnished with onion rings and coriander leaves. This goes well with roti, phulka or rice..
If you find this Chana Dal Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.