Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style) recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Opting to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. People typically believe that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making some small changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
One way to approach this to start seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you have to completely eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is fine but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy chicken curry (kerala style) recipe. To cook easy chicken curry (kerala style) you only need 21 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style):
- Use 1.5 to 2.0 pounds of chicken Ingredients: (or about 3/4 kg ) of pieces cut.
- Get 1 inch of into about cube pieces, preferably with bone or.
- Use of thigh if you are using boneless, use pieces.
- Use 2 tsp of red chilli (cayenne pepper) powder (use 1tsp if you want it mild).
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 2 tsp of salt (or per taste).
- You need 2 of red onions medium size , thinly sliced.
- You need 1 and 1/2 tbsp of ginger About fresh , finely chopped.
- Use 1 and 1/2 tbsp of garlic About fresh , finely chopped.
- You need 2 of green chillies small , slit length-wise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of coconut thinly sliced pieces.
- Get 1 sprig of curry leaves of fresh.
- You need 1 of tomato medium size , roughly chopped.
- Provide 1 1 inch of potato Masala coriander Large chopped into cubes (spices) 3 tbsp powder.
- You need 6 – 8 of black pepper corns whole.
- Use 3 – 4 of cloves whole.
- Prepare 1 3/4 inch of cinnamon small stick of , about long.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- Use 1/2 tsp of fennel powder(optional).
- Provide 1 tbsp of coconut oil coconut oil For garnish (tadka) 1 tsp.
- Take 1 tbsp of shallot pearl onion finely chopped or.
Instructions to make Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style):
- Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and wipe dry with a paper towel. Take a medium size cooking pot that has a tight-fitting lid and add the chicken pieces in it and then add the salt, red chilli powder and the turmeric powder and mix with your hands to coat the chicken well. Next add the finely sliced onions, the garlic, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves and the coconut pieces..
- Next roast the coriander powder in a small frying pan on low to medium heat for about 2-3 minutes till you get the nice aroma. Add the coriander powder to the pot and also add all the other ingredients listed under Masala above..
- Now mix everything thoroughly using your hands – crunching the red onions with the coconut oil as you mix. Place the pot on the stove on medium heat covering with a lid. (Note that no water needs to be added). Open the lid after 5 minutes and stir with a spoon to make sure the chicken pieces are not getting stuck to the pot and again close the lid. continue to cook on low to medium heat for another 5 minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes and again cover and cook for about 5 minutes. Ne….
- Heat the coconut oil and add the chopped shallot and cook on medium heat for about 1-2 minutes till they turn golden brown. Pour this tadka over the chicken and chicken curry is ready!.
If you find this Easy Chicken Curry (Kerala Style) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.