Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Masala Baigan Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masala Baigan Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a great deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a bad way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing several small changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be healthy for your skin as it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
Obviously, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to masala baigan curry recipe. To cook masala baigan curry you only need 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Masala Baigan Curry:
- Use 6 of small sized purple brinjal.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds / rai.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of methi / fenugreek seeds.
- Provide Few of Curry leaves.
- Provide 1 of onion, finely chopped.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste / adrak lasun paste.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Take 1/2 cup of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of cumin powder.
- Use 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use 1 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1 of red chilli powder.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Provide as required of Water.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of roasted coarsely grind peanuts.
- Provide 1 tsp of tarind pulp.
Steps to make Masala Baigan Curry:
- Wash and pat dry all the eggplants..
- Take 1 eggplant and make one slit horizontally and one vertically, but be careful not to cut through the entire length. We don’t want to cut the eggplants into pieces, it should remain attached with the stalk. Repeat the same with all the eggplants..
- In a pan heat 2 tablespoons of oil on medium heat. Add the eggplants and cook on medium heat. Traditionally eggplants are deep fried in this recipe so you can go ahead and add a whole lot of oil and deep fry them if you want to..
- Cook till eggplants are little soft, around 10-12 minutes. You don’t want them to be too soft. Remove the eggplants from pan and place on a bawl..
- In the same pan in which you had fried the eggplant, add 1 tablespoon of oil on medium heat. Once the oil is hot add tej patta, mustard seeds or cumin seeds and let them crackle. Then add onion seeds (kalonji) and fennel seeds (saunf). Saute till they sizzle.
- Add chopped green chilli and curry leaves and mix. Add chopped onions and cook till they are translucent. Then add ginger-garlic paste and cook till the raw smell goes away, around 2-3 minutes..
- Once the ginger-garlic is cooked, add the tomato paste and after 5 minutes add dry spices – cumin powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder. Also add the salt..
- Add around 1/2 of water and cook the spices for 2-3 minutes. The water is added to make sure the spices don’t burn..
- Add coarsely grind peanuts..
- Add turmeric powder and paprika powder and cook the paste for 5-6 minutes on medium-low flame. You can add little water again if you think the paste will get burnt..
- Add the fried eggplants to the masala and mix. Now add 2 cups of water, this might look like a lot of water but the curry will eventually be quite thick..
- Cover and cook on medium-low flame for 15-20 minutes. Stir 2-3 times in between. Open the pan and add garam masala, tamarind pulp and mix..
- Switch off the flame and add some fresh coriander leaves to the curry..
If you find this Masala Baigan Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.