Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pavakkya Theeyal/Bittergourd in coconut gravy recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pavakkya Theeyal/Bittergourd in coconut gravy recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pavakkya Theeyal/Bittergourd in coconut gravy recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out some modest changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food since you probably purchase a lot of items out of habit. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will provide you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a normal part of your new healthy eating plan.
All in all, it is not difficult to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pavakkya theeyal/bittergourd in coconut gravy recipe. You can cook pavakkya theeyal/bittergourd in coconut gravy using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Pavakkya Theeyal/Bittergourd in coconut gravy:
- Get 2 of medium bittergourd finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of scarped coconut.
- You need 11/2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Take 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Use 11/2 of small lemon size tamarind.
- Use 2 tsp of jaggery.
- Provide as required of Salt.
- Provide 2tbsp+5tsp of coconut oil.
- Take 5 of shallots chopped.
- You need 5 of curry leaves.
- Take 2 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of rai.
- You need 1_2 of green chilli chopped.
- Get 2 cup of water+water for soaking.
Steps to make Pavakkya Theeyal/Bittergourd in coconut gravy:
- First put chopped bitter gourd in a bowl of water mixed with half lemon size of tamarind for half hour so that bitterness of bittergourd goes..
- In a pan add 2 tbsp oil fry coconut till light brown colour with fenugreek..
- Then add coriander powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder after switching off stove..
- After cooling down grind this in mixer jar with 1/4cup water..
- Then strain bitterground from water..
- In a pan add 5tsp oil,when hot add rai.Then add dry chilli,curry leaves, chopped shallots.Saute till shallots are transparent..
- Then add bittergouard..
- Saute for 5 minutes.Then add strained water of 1 lemon size tamarind (tamarind soaked in 1/4cup of warm water)..
- After a boil add the grind masala to pan..
- Then add 11/2 cup of water and after a boil add jaggery..
- Boil curry till oil separates and curry becomes thick.Check salt.you can adjust tamarind and jaggery to your taste..
- Serve this with rice..
If you find this Pavakkya Theeyal/Bittergourd in coconut gravy recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.