Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Thai style Prawn Broth recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Thai style Prawn Broth recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai style Prawn Broth recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is nowadays a great deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you don’t want to eat. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai style prawn broth recipe. To make thai style prawn broth you need 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Thai style Prawn Broth:
- Provide of For the stock.
- Use Heads of and shells from a 500g pack of raw tiger prawns.
- Get 1 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 of x red onion.
- Take 2 of x lemon grass sticks.
- Use 100 g of x fresh ginger.
- Provide 6 of x cloves of garlic.
- Use 1 tbsp of x Thai curry paste.
- Prepare of Herbs bay – parsley – corriander.
- Prepare 1/2 bottle of white wine.
- Take of water to top up the pot.
- Prepare of The garnish.
- Use 4 of x spring onions.
- You need 1 handful of sugar snaps or mange tout.
- Provide 1 of x sliced red chilli.
- Get of The raw tiger prawns (I split mine but whole is fine).
- Take to taste of Sweet chilli sauce.
- You need to taste of Soy sauce.
Instructions to make Thai style Prawn Broth:
- Heat a large sauce pan or soup pot, add a splash of oil and the prawn trimmings. They will quickly turn pink, add the vegetables and herbs.
- Stir in the tomato paste then add white wine and top up with water (about 1 Litre).
- Add the Thai paste, now split the lemon grass in half lengthways, if the very centre of lemon grass is soft then you can separate this to add to the finished soup, or you can just chop it all up for the stock.
- So the lemon grass outer layers are in the stock and I finely chopped the soft centre to go in the finished broth. Next I peeled the outer skin off the ginger and this went into the stock, I finely sliced the ginger centre into little match sticks to go into the finished broth..
- Finely slice the spring onions, the sugar snaps and combine with the ginger ready for the finished broth..
- Now prepare the prawns, I like to butterfly mine but cut all the way through, I like the way they curl up when poached later. This also makes removing the tract (the gross stuff) easier..
- When the stock has had around 1 hour simmering its time to stain it through the finest sieve that you have. I do mine once through a chinois then through a fine mess sieve, you can use muslin or cheese cloth for the best results. Now add the vegetables to the broth..
- Add prawns and gently simmer until they turn pink 1 to 2 minutes should be long enough, season soup with salt pepper, sweet chilli and soy.
- Add sliced chilli and some chopped coriander or parsley, time to serve. I chose the wrong bowl as it made it difficult to eat from but select a bowl you like spoon in the prawns and veg then pour over the amazingly flavoursome broth..
- Tuck in now, feel free to add fish sauce more chilli or whatever you fancy, the last image here shows how the prawns curl up, I like the way the look and its easier to east half a prawn and keep your dignity LOL. Link to video if you like? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoHYWejWiVA&t=363s.
If you find this Thai style Prawn Broth recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.