Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Prawn Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Prawn Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Prawn Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you shop for food because it is likely that you are inclined to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One healthy option that can give you a good start to your day is oatmeal. Add fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can become a normal part of your new healthy diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to prawn curry recipe. You can have prawn curry using 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Prawn Curry:
- Take 20 of Jumbo Prawns or Shrimp, cleaned and deveined.
- Get of Enough water to soak the prawns completely.
- You need 8 of –10 dried Kashmiri Red Chillies.
- Prepare 6 of Garlic Cloves.
- Use 1 teaspoon of whole Peppercorns.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of whole Coriander Seeds.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- Provide 1 of small knob of Tamarind (1 teaspoon Tamarind Paste).
- Use 1 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of grated Coconut.
- Prepare 1 cup of Coconut Milk.
- Prepare of for the curry.
- Take 2 tablespoons of Coconut Oil.
- Use 1 tablespoon of finely minced Ginger.
- Provide 1/2 cup of finely chopped Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped Tomatoes.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Take 8 of –10 Curry Leaves.
Steps to make Prawn Curry:
- Start by defrosting prawns. Transfer prawns to a bowl and add enough cold water to soak them properly for 15 minutes. Before using, wash the prawns once or twice in running water and add them to the curry..
- Grind all the ingredients mentioned under ground masala to a smooth paste and set aside.
- In a pan, heat coconut oil and add ginger and onions. Saute the onions till they are a light golden brown and add tomatoes. Cook the tomatoes for 5-7 minutes till they break down easily with the back of a spoon..
- Add the ground masala and salt to the pan and bring it to a boil. Reduce the flame and simmer the masala for 10-15 minutes till the colour deepens slightly. Add the defrosted (drain the water) prawns to the gravy and cook them for 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle curry leaves on top, mix well and switch off the flame. Let the curry rest for 5 minutes before serving with steamed rice..
If you find this Prawn Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.