Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Power.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of health and wellbeing. Increasing our consumption of sensible foods while decreasing the intake of unhealthy kinds contributes to a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza doesn’t cause you to feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between meals. You can spend several hours at the food market searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a handful of healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Yogurt is often a snack a lot of people ignore. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch isn’t a good idea. You cannot beat yogurt whenever it comes to a nutritious snack though. It is a protein-rich resource of wholesome minerals and vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive tract work correctly depending upon the culture used to create it. Quick hint: select unsweetened yogurt and include walnuts or flaxseeds. It’s an excellent method to take pleasure in a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
A large assortment of instant health snacks is easily obtainable. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken curry – sri lankan recipe. To make chicken curry – sri lankan you need 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Use 2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil / Oil.
- You need 6 of Curry Leaves.
- Take 1 inch of Cinnamon stick , 1.
- Get 1/2 Teaspoon of Fenugreek.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Urad dhal.
- Take 5 of Cloves.
- Use 5 of Cardamom.
- You need 1 of onion Large , sliced.
- Get 5 Cloves of Garlic , diced small.
- Take 1 Teaspoon of Ginger , diced small.
- Provide 2 of Green chillies , sliced.
- Take 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt.
- Use 1 Teaspoon of Tumeric.
- Take 3 Teaspoons of Corriander powder.
- Prepare 2 Teaspoons of Cumin powder.
- Get 2 Teaspoons of Red Chilli powder.
- Use 10 of Chicken drumsticks , , skin removed (450 grams).
- Get 3 of tomatoes Medium , chopped.
- Provide 2 Cups of water Warm.
Steps to make Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan:
- Heat the oil in a large pot..
- Add the curry leaves, fenugreek seeds, urad dhal, cinnamon stick, cloves and the cardamom. Stir these in the oil till the fenugreek seeds turns darker in color. (Do not burn).
- Add the sliced onions, chopped garlic and chopped ginger to the pot and stir. Stir occasionally so that the ingredients don't burn till the onions start to brown..
- Add the green chillies and stir for about 30 seconds..
- Turn the heat to the lowest setting so that spice do not get burnt and then add them. If they do, it will cause a strong smell and may initiate coughing. Add salt, tumeric, cumin, corriander and chilli powder. Increase the heat to medium and stir quickly..
- When the onions are coated well with the spices add the chicken drumsticks. Stir so that all the pieces are coated well with the spices..
- Add the tomatoes and stir. The tomatoes will start to cook and let out the juices. Cook with the chicken for about 3-4 mins..
- Add 2 cups of water if you want a thin gravy, 1.5 cups of water for a thicker gravy. Stir all the ingredients well so that the spices at the bottom is mixed with the water..
- Cover and let it boil for 20 mins..
- In 20 mins check the taste of the gravy for desired spiciness. Add more spices if needed. I find the proportions mentioned works for 10 drumsticks. For a thicker gravy, let it boil more uncovered. Be careful not to overcook the chicken..
- Enjoy with your favorite carbs – bread, roti or rice. Or use this to make kothu roti!.
If you find this Chicken Curry – Sri Lankan recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.