Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Spinach Dal recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spinach Dal recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Although we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. It is likely that a lot of people believe it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will have to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you no longer wish to eat. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. One wholesome alternative that can give you a healthy start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spinach dal recipe. To cook spinach dal you only need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Spinach Dal:
- You need of Spinach ( I went for the frozen kind, you can get the fresh produce).
- Prepare 1 of Onion – diced.
- You need 1 of Tomato big – chopped.
- Use 7 cloves of Garlic -.
- You need 2 of Green Chillies – sliced across.
- You need of Mustard Seeds.
- You need of Cumin Seeds.
- Take pinch of Tumeric powder – a.
- Take tsp of Coriander powder – a.
- Take tsp of Chilli powder – a.
- Use 2 strands of Curry leaves -.
- Provide of Dal Moong Dal – Moong ( Its yellow and smaller).
- Get to taste of Salt.
- Provide of Oil.
Steps to make Spinach Dal:
- First cook the dal until soft in the pressure cooker. I let it cook for a whistle because the lentils are really small. Add a pinch of tumeric, and water to cover the dal.
- In the mean time, heat some oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and curry leaves. Saute the onions, garlic cloves, and green chillies. When the onions start to become transparent add the coriander and chilli powder and the tomatoes.
- Next add the spinach and some salt and allow it to cook for a few minutes.
- I then added the cooked dal to the pot along with the water and added some water. I had to add some more salt and since Kingsley likes spice, I added some chilli powder and let it all cook for a few mins.
- This was a really easy and healthy dal (esp with the spinach 🙂 )… It was filling with a few chapathis!.
If you find this Spinach Dal recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.