Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. While we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything right away or that you need to completely do away with certain foods from your diet. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to eat healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will find that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to daddy’s chicken curry recipe. You can cook daddy’s chicken curry using 28 ingredients and 19 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- You need of Fresh.
- Take 1 of Whole medium size Chicken cut into medium sized pieces.
- Provide 1 of big onion diced finely.
- Take 2 of Tomatoes made into a purée.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Garlic and Ginger Paste.
- Get 2 of small branch of Mint Leaves.
- Get 2 of small branch of Coriander Leaves.
- You need of Fresh lemon juice from 1 Lemon.
- Get of Oils.
- Take 3 Tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Get 2 Tablespoons of ghee.
- Use of Whole Spices.
- Get 4 of cloves.
- Prepare 4 of Star Anise.
- Take 4 of Cardamom pods.
- Use 1 of medium size cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of Bay Leaves.
- Get 1 Tablespoon of Cumin Seeds.
- Get 1/2 Tablespoon of Funnel Seeds.
- You need of Powdered Spices.
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Keen’s Curry Powder.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder (or according to taste).
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of Paprika (or according to taste).
- Prepare 1 1/2 Tablespoon of Coriander powder.
- Use 1/2 Tablespoon of Cumin powder.
- Use of Salt (according to taste).
- Take of Optional.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of thickened cream.
Steps to make Daddy’s Chicken Curry:
- Remove skin from the medium size whole chicken and cut it into medium size pieces.
- Apply the lemon juice to the cut chicken pieces and coat well, and wash off. This will remove the smell from the chicken.
- Dry the chicken pieces with dry paper towel and marinate the chicken with the 1/2 of the powdered spices with some oil. Mix well..
- Rest Marinated chicken for 3-4 hours by placing the bowl in the fridge, if in a hurry then 30 mins is fine..
- Take a large heavy based pot and put it on the stove with low to medium heat.
- Add oil and ghee and all whole spices and gently fry them for about 2-3 minutes along with one branch of coriander and one branch of mint.
- Now add the diced onions and sauté them until they are light brown.
- Add garlic and ginger paste and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces to pot and toss them in the pot so that the onion and whole spices get applied the chicken..
- Turn the heat down to low. Once the chicken is light brown, add the tomato purée and mix it in with the chicken.
- Add in the other half of the spices and mix them in to the contents of the pot.
- Put a lid on the put and simmer on low heat for around 20 mins.
- Taste the curry for flavour and see if anything needs adjusting. If required add in more powdered ingredients according to taste..
- Put the lid back on the pot and Let the curry simmer for another 30 mins, stirring the curry every 10 mins.
- Taste the curry and see the flavour, check if the chicken is nice and tender.
- Optional, add 2 tablespoons of cream and cook the curry for another 5 mins.
- Remove the pot from the stove.
- Add the remaining mint and coriander to the curry.
- Daddy’s Chicken Curry is ready to served 😊.
If you find this Daddy’s Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.