Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is today much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Although we’re incessantly being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that lots of people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of modest changes.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make huge changes immediately. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make big changes, but the most vital thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating selections. In time, you will probably see that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. Over time, your eating habits will change and your new eating habits will totally replace the way you ate before.
As you can see, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to lentil and tomato curry, indian style recipe. To make lentil and tomato curry, indian style you need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- Prepare 1/2 can of lentils.
- You need 1/2 can of diced tomatoes.
- Use 1 of small onion, sliced.
- Take 1 tbs of finely minced ginger.
- Use 1 tbs of finely minced garlic.
- Use 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Get 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Use 1 of bay leaf (optional).
- Get 2 tbs of garam masala powder.
- Get 2 tbs of cooking cream.
- You need 1 tsp of sugar (I used coconut sugar).
- Take 1 tbs of oil (I used coconut).
- Use to taste of Salt and pepper,.
Instructions to make Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style:
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add in the coriander, cumin, and mustard seeds. Fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds or so..
- Reduce heat to low-medium and add in the garlic, ginger, and onions, being careful not to burn the garlic and ginger..
- Cook onions until soft and translucent, stirring frequently to avoid burning the spices and aromatics..
- Add in lentils and tomatoes, stir everything together, then turn heat back to medium. Add in garam masala powder, bay leaf, sugar, and mix well. Season with salt and pepper to taste..
- Stirring occasionally, simmer until reduced to preferred consistency (I like it more like a stew and not so liquid)..
- Add in cream, then reduce once again to preferred consistency..
- Remove from heat and serve..
If you find this Lentil and tomato curry, Indian style recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.