Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few simple changes that can start to make a good impact on our day-to-day eating habits.
One way to deal with this to start seeing some results is to realize that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you should entirely eliminate certain foods from your diet. It’s not a bad idea if you desire to make major changes, but the most important thing is to bit by bit switch to making healthier eating choices. In time, you will probably discover that you will eat more and more healthy food as your taste buds become accustomed to the change. As you stick to your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you no longer want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curry noodle (mee kari) recipe. You can have curry noodle (mee kari) using 31 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Curry Noodle (Mee kari):
- You need of A. Chicken Broth.
- Get 1 of whole Chicken (small size).
- Take 5 of crushed garlic (chicken cavity).
- Provide 5 slices of ginger (chicken cavity).
- Provide 8 slices of ginger.
- Provide 3 stalks of lemon grass – bruised.
- Provide 5 of garlic – crushed.
- You need 2-3 tsp of chicken bouillon powder.
- Take of B. Blend smoothly.
- You need 1 of large yellow/brown onion.
- You need 1 stalk (7 cm) of lemon grass – sliced.
- Take 2 inch of galangal / ginger.
- You need 6 of garlics.
- Prepare 8 of candlenuts.
- Prepare of C. Curry Mixture (paste).
- Take 4 tbsp of meat curry powder.
- Get 2 tbsp of ground dried shrimp.
- Take 2 tbsp of chili powder/chilli paste.
- You need of D. Coconut Milk (add last to the broth).
- Provide 1 tin of coconut cream (see pic).
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut milk (see pic).
- You need 1-2 tsp of chicken bouillon (or to taste).
- You need of Salt (to taste).
- Provide of E. Accompaniments.
- Provide of Yellow noodle or vermicelli.
- You need of (blanched/soften).
- Provide of Chopped Chicken (from A).
- You need of Fresh washed bean sprouts (or blanched).
- Get of Blanched Fish ball / fish cake.
- Provide of Coriander/continental parsley (opt).
- You need of (Chopped & sprinkle on top).
Steps to make Curry Noodle (Mee kari):
- Prepare the broth. See attached pic for broth. Chicken need to be fully covered in water. Cover & let boil. Once boil, removed lid let boil for 5-10mins. Turn heat to the mid lower setting & simmer for 25mins with lid on. Remove chicken from the pot & let dry. Prepare ingredients. See pic. Use pure coconut milk. See pic. Many brands add xanthan gum, thickener & many "non-coconut" extras in their canned coconut milk. Read label before buying canned coconut milk..
- Blend ingredients in B with a bit of water until smooth & pasty. Prepare ingredients in C with enough water to make a smooth curry paste. Heat wok/big pot with 1/2 cup of cooking oil. Add blended spices & sauté until translucent & aromatic. Add in curry paste. Keep stirring until aromatic for 5mins or more..
- Next, add chicken broth to the wok/big pot. Stir or whisk to combine. Let boil. Meanwhile, prepare accompaniments – blanch fishball/fishcake & yellow noodles or soften Vermicilli. Next, pour coconut milk into the wok/big pot of boiling broth. (Note: shake or whisk coconut milk in separate bowl as it curdle sometimes). Stir curried broth to mix. Taste & adjust seasoning accordingly. It should be lightly strong as blanched noodle/vermicelli is tasteless. Simmer until it bubbles then Turn off heat..
- Order to assemble – noodles/vermicelli, curried broth, chopped chicken, fish ball/fish cake, bean sprout. Serve hot. Assemble only before serving. Reheat curried broth (if necessary) just before serving. When reheating curried broth, turn off heat immediately right after broth just bubbled or boiled. Do not leave broth boiling too long as it has coconut milk that would turn oily when left boiling longer than necessary..
If you find this Curry Noodle (Mee kari) recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.