Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Making the decision to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, though, merely making some modest changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
These better food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb option and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dump & simmer thai style coconut chicken & veg curry recipe. To make dump & simmer thai style coconut chicken & veg curry you only need 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry:
- Take 2.5 pounds of bone-in chicken pieces (or you can use 2 pounds boneless chicken thigh and/or breast pieces cut into big chunks).
- Use 1/2 of a yellow onion cut into 1/2" slices.
- Take 4 slices of (about 1/8" thick) of fresh ginger root OR 1/4 teaspoon dried ginger powder.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, smashed OR 1/3 teaspoon garlic powder.
- Use 1 of tomato, quartered.
- Get 5 of Kaffir lime leaves OR the zest of half a lime or lemon.
- Use 15 of basil leaves (Thai is preferable, but if you have some other kind, that's ok, too).
- You need of juice of half a lime.
- Get 1 (15 oz.) of (or so) can of coconut milk.
- Provide of Thai chilies to taste (you can sub crushed red chili flakes – start with 1/2 tsp. for moderate heat and adjust as you like).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of curry powder.
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of fish sauce.
- Use 1-2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Get 2-3 cups of chopped veg to add later.
Instructions to make Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry:
- Dump all ingredients except for veg into a large pot or Dutch oven, and give it a few gentle stirs to incorporate..
- With the pot covered, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat and let it boil for 2 to 3 minutes. This should take 10 to 12 minutes or so..
- Turn the heat down to low, and simmer the curry for 30 minutes, still covered..
- Stir in your veg, turn the heat back up to medium, and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so, 10 minutes with the lid askew, and another 10 minutes completely uncovered. After the first 10 minutes is a good time to adjust the seasoning for salt and heat..
- That's it! Enjoy. :).
If you find this Dump & Simmer Thai Style Coconut Chicken & Veg Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.