Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Spicy eggplant curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy eggplant curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy eggplant curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil is also a great source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently consume a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you can opt for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Searching for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy eggplant curry recipe. To cook spicy eggplant curry you only need 18 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy eggplant curry:
- Get 2 of Baby eggplants(I bought it from Costco).
- Get 1 of medium sized white onion chopped into fine pieces.
- Use 3 of large tomatoes.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 2 tsp of garlic paste.
- Use few leaves of curry leaves.
- You need 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves chopped.
- You need 1 tsp of approx. mustard seeds.
- Provide 1 tsp of dried mango powder.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 1-2 tsp of chilly powder(depending on the spice level).
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Get 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of fennel seeds.
- Provide 2 tsp of dried golden sultana raisins.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Use of cooking oil as needed (I used organic sunflower oil).
Steps to make Spicy eggplant curry:
- Step 1 – Cut the eggplant into round slices about an inch think and keep it aside. In a pan, add few tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, place the eggplant pieces in the pan. Cook/Fry the pieces both sides until both sides becomes evenly golden brown in color. Continue this process for all your remaining eggplant pieces. Keep this aside.
- Step 2 – In a cooking dish, add few tbsp of cooking oil. When the oil becomes hot, add the chopped onions and sauté it until onion becomes tender and slightly transparent. Into this add ginger-garlic paste and mix well. Next, add dried mango powder, coriander seeds, mustard seeds, fenugreek seeds, raisins, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, chili powder, turmeric powder, lemon juice as per the above specified measurements. Mix the masala for few minutes. To this add chopped tomatoes, cilantro and curry leaves and sauté the content for 5-6 minutes until tomatoes are fried well. Add 1 tsp salt or as required..
- Final step – To the masala add the fried eggplant pieces and mix well . If you like it more gravy add some (1/2 cup) water and bring everything to a boil. Add more salt if required..
- Serve hot with roti or rice..
If you find this Spicy eggplant curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.