Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Bengali Style Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Bengali Style Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bengali Style Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets demand a great deal of work and will significantly alter the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you shop for food since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, most likely you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be good for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. By adding fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
To sum up, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to bengali style fish curry recipe. You can have bengali style fish curry using 17 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Bengali Style Fish Curry:
- You need 6 pieces of Rohu Fish.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1/2 inch of cinnamon.
- Use 1 of green cardamom.
- Prepare 1 cup of chopped onions.
- Provide 2 of medium potatoes.
- Take 1/2 inch of ginger.
- Prepare 4-5 of garlic.
- Use 1 of medium sized tomato.
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of cumin powder.
- Take 1/2 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- Provide 1/2 tablespoon of garam masala powder.
- Get 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Use As needed of salt.
- Use As required of Oil for cooking.
- You need 1/2 cup of hot water.
Steps to make Bengali Style Fish Curry:
- Marinade the fish pieces with pinch of salt and turmeric and keep aside for 15 minutes..
- By side grind the ginger garlic and 1/4 cup chopped onion..
- Chop the tomato and make puree out of it..
- Next, heat sufficient oil in a kadhai to deep fry the fish pieces. Add the piecesin batches in hot oil and fry both sides till nice golden brown in color. Nice aroma will come out..
- Once done keep aside in oil soaking paper..
- In the remaining oil add cumin seeds, bay leaf and whole garam masala and fry till nice aroma comes out..
- Add chopped onions and salt and turmeric powder. Fry till onion becomes soft and golden in colour..
- Add potatoes and fry for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well..
- Add ginger garlic onion paste, tomato puree and mix well. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes..
- Add hot water as much you want the curry..
- Cover and let it cook for another 5 minutes. Once everything is mixed nicely add the fish pieces to the curry. Cover and cook for another 3 minutes..
- You may add chillies. I avoided for my baby..
If you find this Bengali Style Fish Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.