Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making some modest changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help to offset the bad cholesterol in your diet. It also provides vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. It could be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with toxic pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the choice of consuming foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
To sum up, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to aubergine and chickpea curry recipe. To make aubergine and chickpea curry you need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Aubergine and Chickpea Curry:
- Provide 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- You need 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 large of Diced Onion.
- Use 4 clove of Garlic (to taste) or garlic paste.
- Provide 5 medium of Fresh Tomatoes or tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Take 2 large of Fresh green Chillies (slit down the sides, but not all the way to the bottom).
- Use 1 large of Cubed Aubergine.
- You need 1 can of White Chickpeas.
- Take 1 tsp of Ground Turmeric.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fresh Lemon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Paprika.
- Use 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground ginger (or fresh).
- Prepare 1 of sprinkle of fresh coriander or 1 tsp of ground.
- You need 2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- Use 1/2 cup of plain natural yoghurt (if required).
- You need 2 tsp of Salt (or to taste).
Instructions to make Aubergine and Chickpea Curry:
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds, fry until they pop. Then Add the diced Onion and salt and sauté until they are translucent and soft..
- Add the garlic, and tomatoes and soften. If you are using fresh tomatoes add a little water, 1/4 cup, if you are using tinned there should be enough liquid. Then add the Chillies..
- Add the Turmeric, Cumin, paprika, Coriander (if using fresh coriander save some to sprinkle over at the end) add the Lemon Juice.
- Add the Cubed Aubergine and Chickpeas and coat it in the sauce, then add just enough water to cover, about 1/4 to half a cup if it's looking a bit dry..
- Leave to cook on a high heat stirring occasionally, the size of the diced aubergine will depend on the cooking time, just keep checking on the firmness depending on how soft you like the aubergine..
- When the water is almost boiled away you should be left with some nice tender Aubergines and soft chickpeas, you can then crush some of the chickpeas into the Masala sauce to thicken it..
- Take off the heat once your Masala sauce has thickened and sprinkle over the Garam Masala and some coriander and leave for a few minutes to rest. When you come back, stir and it's ready to serve!.
If you find this Aubergine and Chickpea Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.