Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Upma recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Upma recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Upma recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Choosing to eat healthily has marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people believe it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you eat cereal for your breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. Mix in fruits or spices to improve how the oatmeal tastes and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to upma recipe. You can have upma using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Upma:
- Use 1 Cup of Semolina.
- Use 3 Tablespoons of cooking oil.
- You need 1/3 Cup of Peanuts.
- You need 8 of Cashewnuts.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Cumin seeds.
- Get 8 of Curry leaves.
- Use 2 of Green chillies.
- Prepare 1 1/2 Cup of Onions.
- Use 1 of Carrot small size.
- Provide 1/2 Cup of Green peas.
- Use as per taste of Salt.
- You need 2 1/4 Cup of water.
- Get as needed of Cilantro chopped.
- Provide 3 of Raisins.
- You need 2 Teaspoon of Desi Ghee.
Instructions to make Upma:
- Dry roast semolina in a wok at low flame for few minutes, stirring it so that semolina doesn't burn buy only roast. Remove and keep in separately in a dry bowl or container..
- Now add oil in a same wok and roast peanuts again for few minutes for crunchiness and not making it brown, towards the end add cashew splitting into two halves and roast them too for making them crunchy and remove them in separate dry bowl..
- In same wok and oil, add black mustard seeds and cumin seeds in medium flame, once they splitter, add curry leaves that enhances our recipe with fresh aroma and is main ingredient of Upma,.
- Add to it chopped green chillies and soon add finely diced onions, mix them and saute them well only till they release rawness and don't over cook for making them golden brown, now add finely diced carrot (fresh, washed and peeled) and peas, mix and cook for 3 minutes, then add salt and again cook for 2 minutes..
- Now add water and bring it to boil, though water starts boiling in 2 minutes, lower the flame and in case you want veggies to soften more then let them cook for 2 more minutes..
- Now add semolina slowly into the wok with watery masala mix, slowly with one hand and other hand stirring with poodle continuosly for avoiding lumps to form, as we put more semolina we find water thickening and semolina absorbing water quickly, mix it for another 2 minutes and our semolina looks beautiful, now add roasted peanuts and cashewnuts, here we can include dry raisins, (keep some separately) now add chopped fresh green cilantro and top up with desi ghee for rich aroma to our recipe.
- To plate out we pack our Upma in a bowl, greased with oil at its interior, reverse in a serving plate and let it remain unmoved for few minutes..
- Then we move out bowl and upma looks beautiful in reversed bowl shape and we can place some dry fruits that we left out separately in step 6 so it add more richness of our rich, tasty, healthy and simple but yet Authentic Indian Breakfast..
If you find this Upma recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.