Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Thayir Vadai (Dahi Vada – South Indian Style) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Thayir Vadai (Dahi Vada – South Indian Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thayir Vadai (Dahi Vada – South Indian Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
Initially, you should be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? Eating a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
Evidently, it’s not hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to thayir vadai (dahi vada – south indian style) recipe. To cook thayir vadai (dahi vada – south indian style) you only need 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Thayir Vadai (Dahi Vada – South Indian Style):
- You need 1 cup of urad dal (split black gram), soaked overnight.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of peppercorns, crushed.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tsp. of grated ginger.
- You need of oil to deep fry.
- You need 1/2 cup of fresh grated coconut.
- Take 1-2 of green chilies.
- You need 1 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 1 of dry red chilli.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of mustard seeds.
- Use 1 tsp. of urad dal (split black gram).
- Use 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Use 1 cup of yoghurt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of grated carrot.
- Prepare pinch of pepper powder.
- Take to taste of salt.
- Prepare pinch of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tbsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
- Use 1 of fresh green / red chilli, chopped.
Instructions to make Thayir Vadai (Dahi Vada – South Indian Style):
- Grind the soaked urad dal with very less water. Add salt, peppercorns, cumin seeds and ginger. Mix well and keep aside..
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip your hands in a bowl of water. Take a portion of the batter and give a round shape to it. Make a hole in the centre with your thumb..
- Gently slide in the vada in hot oil and fry on a medium flame till it is golden and crisp. Immediately drop in a bowl of water and let them soak for a while. Then squeeze out the water by pressing in between your palms. Keep aside..
- Grind the coconut and green chilies. Add in the yoghurt, some water to dilute it, salt, coriander leaves (save some for garnishing), grated carrot and chopped chilli. Mix well..
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil and temper with mustard seeds and dry red chilli. After it stops spluttering, add the urad dal and curry leaves. Saute for a few seconds and switch off the flame..
- Pour this tempering over the spiced yoghurt. Dip the vadas in it and let it soak for some time. Serve, garnished with pepper powder, red chilli powder and coriander leaves..
If you find this Thayir Vadai (Dahi Vada – South Indian Style) recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.