Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a number of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when you are shopping for food that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your basket that you don’t want to eat. For instance, have you ever checked how much sugar and salt are in your favorite cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be beneficial for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai panang chicken curry recipe. To make thai panang chicken curry you need 26 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Thai Panang Chicken Curry:
- Take of Thai Panang Curry Paste -.
- Provide 1 of small onion, chopped.
- Take 5-6 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of " galangal / ginger, sliced.
- Provide 8-10 of dry red chilies, soaked in water for 10-15 minutes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coriander roots, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of lime zest.
- Get 1 of lemongrass (bottom part), sliced.
- Provide 4-5 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of shrimp paste (opt).
- Provide 2 tbsp. of fried peanuts, powdered.
- Provide 1 tsp. of roasted coriander powder.
- Take 1 tsp. of roasted cumin powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp. of pepper powder.
- You need 2 tbsp. of tomato ketchup.
- Get 1 tsp. of tamarind paste.
- You need to taste of salt.
- Get of Thai Panang Curry with Chicken.
- Prepare 500 gms of chicken with bones, curry cut.
- You need 2-3 tbsp. of oil.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of panang paste.
- Use 1/2 cup of water.
- Provide 1 cup of coconut milk.
- Prepare 5-6 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 2-3 of green chilies.
- You need to taste of salt.
Instructions to make Thai Panang Chicken Curry:
- Blend all the ingredients for the curry paste to a smooth paste by adding required quantity of water. Store in an air-tight container to be used later..
- Heat oil in a pan and add the panang paste. Cover and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes..
- Add the chicken and mix well. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Then add 1/2 cup water, salt, chilies and kaffir lime leaves..
- Mix everything well and simmer, covered till the oil starts to float on the surface and the chicken is almost tender..
- Add 1 cup coconut milk and simmer, uncovered on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes..
- Serve with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Thai Panang Chicken Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.