Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by carrying out a couple of small changes.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. It also provides vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and leafy greens, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice) recipe. You can have muri ghonto (bengali fish head curry with rice) using 22 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice):
- Get 1 of fish head – medium sized.
- You need 3/4 cup of gobindobhog rice (or basmati rice).
- Prepare 1 of big sized potato, diced.
- Prepare 1 of big sized onion, finely chopped.
- You need 5-6 of green chillies, slit for middle.
- Get 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Provide 2 of cinnamon sticks (dalchini).
- You need 5-6 of green cardamom (elaichi).
- You need 5-6 cloves of (laung).
- Prepare 2 of star anise (chakra phool).
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves (tej patta).
- Take 2 of dried red chillies.
- You need 1/2 tsp of whole cumin seeds (gota jeera/sabud jeera).
- Provide 2 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- Provide 1 tsp of cumin powder (jeera).
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder (dhaniya).
- Get 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (or as per your tolerance).
- Provide 1 tsp of sugar.
- Use of salt (according to taste).
- Get 1/2 tsp of ghee.
- Provide 4-5 tbsp of mustard oil.
Instructions to make Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice):
- Heat a pan and dry roast cinnamon sticks, cardamom, cloves and star anise. Remove from the pan and keep aside..
- Rub the fish head with turmeric powder and some salt. Fry the head properly and keep aside..
- Rub the potato pieces with turmeric powder and some salt. Shallow fry the pieces and keep aside..
- Heat ghee in a pan and shallow fry the rice adding 2 pinches of turmeric powder for 1 minute. Remove the rice from the pan and keep aside..
- Heat 3-4 table-spoon oil in a pan and add cumin seeds, roasted spices, dried red chillies and bay leaves. Allow the spices to splutter..
- Now, add the chopped onion and green chillies. Sautè until the onion turns translucent..
- Add ginger-garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt and stir for a few seconds on low flame..
- Now, add the fish head and mix very well with the spices. Cook the head with the spices by stirring constantly until it gets crushed properly..
- Add the rice and potato and give a quick mix..
- Now, add 2 cups of warm water, mix well and cover the lid..
- Cook it on low to medium flame for 10 minutes or until the rice and potato get cooked well. Check the salt, if it is less, you can add now..
- After 10 minutes, check if it is well cooked. If not, you can add 1 cup warm water more and cook for another 5 minutes..
- Once the rice is well cooked and the water gets absorbed, add sugar and mix well..
- Turn off the flame, cover the lid and let it set for 10 minutes. Your Muri Ghonto is ready to be served now..
If you find this Muri Ghonto (Bengali Fish Head Curry with Rice) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.