Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Curd rice recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Curd rice recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Curd rice recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Boosting Snacks.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our intake of well balanced meals while reducing the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more healthy feeling. A bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. Shopping for snack foods can be a difficult task because you have so many options. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread along with some protein will maintain you until it’s time for lunch. When you have to have a fast snack food on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Selecting whole grain snacks is always much better than eating the refined grains we commonly find in our grocery stores.
A large selection of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to curd rice recipe. You can have curd rice using 14 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Curd rice:
- Prepare 1 cup of rice.
- Get 2 cups of thick curd (adjust as needed).
- Take 1/4 cup of milk (optional).
- You need 1-1/2 tsp of salt or as needed.
- Provide 2 tbsp. of grated/chopped cucumber.
- Use 1 tsp. of finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare 2 tsp of pomegranate seeds For tempering.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin or jeera.
- Use 1/2 tsp of mustard.
- Use 3/4-1 tsp of urad dal.
- Get Pinch of hing or asafoetida.
- You need 1/2 tsp of crushed ginger.
- Use 1 of slit green or red chilli.
Instructions to make Curd rice:
- Wash and soak rice for 30 minutes..
- Add 2 & ½ cups water, and salt to the rice and soft cook it in a cooker..
- Fluff up the rice or mash lightly to suit your liking. Cool it completely..
- Add beaten curd to cooled rice. Mix well until combined. Add milk as well and stir..
- Heat oil in a pan for tempering. Add cumin and mustard..
- When they begin to splutter, add dal and fry until golden. Add ginger, chilli and curry leaves..
- When the curry leaves turn crisp, add heeng and turn off the stove..
- Add coriander leaves and cucumbers to the yogurt rice. Pour the seasoning and mix..
- Add pomegranate seeds South Indian style curd rice is ready..
If you find this Curd rice recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.