Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Odisha's Popular Snack-Bara(Vada) and Ghuguni(Yellow peas curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Odisha's Popular Snack-Bara(Vada) and Ghuguni(Yellow peas curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. Most likely, most people think that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our everyday eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that fight the effects of bad cholesterol. It can also be good for your skin as it is a superb source of vitamin E. While you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemicals. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier since you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it’s not difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to odisha's popular snack-bara(vada) and ghuguni(yellow peas curry) recipe. To make odisha's popular snack-bara(vada) and ghuguni(yellow peas curry) you only need 24 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Odisha's Popular Snack-Bara(Vada) and Ghuguni(Yellow peas curry):
- Prepare of For Bara :.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Urad Dal(Black Gram).
- Use 1/4 Cup of Semolina(Sooji) -.
- Take 1 of medium size Chopped Onion.
- Prepare 1-2 of Green Chillies – Finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2tsp of Ginger – (finely chopped).
- Get 1 pinch of Baking Soda.
- You need as per taste of Salt.
- Take as required of Refined oil for deep frying.
- Take of For Ghuguni :.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Yellow peas -.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato – medium size finely chopped.
- Get 1 -2 of Potato – medium size(chopped into 4 pieces).
- Get 1 of Onion – medium size finely chopped.
- Take 1/2 tbsp of Ginger – Garlic paste -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder-.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin powder -.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam masala powder -.
- Get 1 tsp of Coriander powder -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds -.
- Take as per taste of Salt.
- Provide 1 tbsp of Cooking oil -.
- Use as required of Water – (1/2 cup to 1 cup).
Steps to make Odisha's Popular Snack-Bara(Vada) and Ghuguni(Yellow peas curry):
- Soak the urad dal for 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Grind the urad dal making it a thick paste.
- Now whisk the urad dal batter for 10mins until fluffy and keep aside for fermentation for 4 – 5hours..
- Add chopped ginger, onion and chillies, baking soda, salt as per taste & semolina to the batter. Mix it very well..
- Take a kadhai add oil to it for deep frying. Take some water in your palm and take a small portion of batter and make small balls in a doughnut shape, making small hole in the middle of the bara..
- Make sure the oil is hot. Keep the flame at low – medium. Then glid the bara one by one in the oil..
- Fry it until golden brown and crisp. Enjoy with ghuguni..
- For Ghuguni :.
- Soak the Yellow peas for 8hrs or overnight..
- Pressure cook the yellow peas and potatoes for 2-3 whistles with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt..
- Once pressured cooked, let it cool down. After that peel the outer skin of the potatoes. Keep it aside..
- Take a kadhai and heat the kadhai, add some oil..
- Then add cumin seeds to the hot oil, and splutter it for 1min..
- Then add chopped onions to it and saute it until golden brown..
- Add ginger garlic paste to it and saute until cooked..
- Now add cumin powder, garam masala powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder and saute it..
- Then add chopped tomatoes to it and mix it well. Cook until oil separates from the masalas and cooked well..
- Now add the chopped boiled potatoes and yellow peas to the masala mixture. Mix it very well..
- Now add some water to it(as per curry thickness). I added 1/2 cup to 1 cup water to it and add salt as per requirement..
- Simmer the mixture with lid until semi thick consistency for 5-7 mins at low – medium heat..
- Once the ghuguni is ready, enjoy it with bara and top it with some chopped onions(optional)..
- Happy Eating :)..
If you find this Odisha's Popular Snack-Bara(Vada) and Ghuguni(Yellow peas curry) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.