Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Although we’re constantly being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people assume it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, though, simply making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
One way to address this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not need to alter everything instantly or that you have to altogether do away with certain foods from your diet. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you become accustomed to the taste of healthy foods, you will realize that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will see that you will not wish to eat the old diet.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to creamy chickpea potato curry recipe. You can cook creamy chickpea potato curry using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry:
- Take 1 of onion, diced.
- Take 1 can of chickpeas, drained.
- Get 1 can of coconut milk.
- You need 3 of large potatoes, medium dice.
- You need 1 of large carrot, diced small.
- Take 3 tsp of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of tumeric.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cayenne.
- Take to taste of Salt and pepper,.
- Prepare 1 tbs of olive oil.
Instructions to make Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry:
- Heat oil in deep-ish skillet and sautee onion until soft..
- Add your dried spices and mix together and cook for about 3 min..
- Add your potatoes and carrots and cook another 2-3min ***note: I uded yukon gold because they break down and "mash" a bit as they cook.
- Add your chickpeas and coconut milk and bring to boil and cook for 5-8min on high..
- Turn the heat down to medium-low and place a cover on the skillet slightly vented open to let steam out.
- Cook for 30-35min and serve once everything is thick and some of the potatoes have mashed into deliciousness..
- Serve with brown rice or naan or my fave :WRAP THAT UP IN A ROTI!!!!.
If you find this Creamy Chickpea Potato Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.