Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a lot of illnesses linked with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that many people believe it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
If you want to see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. If you want to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Sooner or later, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and as soon as a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all hard to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chicken chickpea coconut curry recipe. To make chicken chickpea coconut curry you need 22 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry:
- Get 1 Lb. of Chicken Thighs, Trimmed And Cut Into 1 Inch Pieces.
- Get 1/2 Cup of Corn Starch.
- Get 1 of teaspoon- Salt -First.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Curry Powder -First.
- Get 3 tablespoon of Oil- First.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil- Second.
- Use 1/2 of Onion, Chopped.
- Take 1/2 of Red Bell Pepper – Diced.
- Get 1/2 of Green Bell Pepper Diced.
- Get 1 of Tomato -Diced.
- Prepare 1 of Jalapeno-Diced (If you want more spice add the seeds:).
- Get 4 Cloves of Garlic, Chopped- Fine.
- Get 2 teaspoon of Garam Masala.
- Prepare 1 1/2 teaspoon of Salt- Second.
- You need 1-1 1/2 teaspoon of Curry Powder- Second.
- Get 1/2-1 teaspoon of Chili Powder.
- Prepare 14 of -Oz. Coconut Milk.
- Use 6 of -Oz. Tomato Paste.
- Get 16 of -Oz. Chickpeas, Drained And Rinsed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken stock.
- Take 1/3 C. of Chopped Fresh Cilantro – Lightly Chopped Just Before Adding Them- No Stems.
- Take 2 C. of Cooked Rice, For Serving.
Steps to make Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry:
- 1. Mix the cornstarch the first salt and first curry powder together and lightly coat the diced chicken. Shake off the excess coating..
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, add 3 tablespoon oil. Add the diced chicken thighs cook until lightly browned about 3 minutes per side, then remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- 3. In the same pan Add remaining tablespoon oil, onion, red bell peppers, green bell peppers,tomato, jalapeno and garlic. Cook until they are soft, about 4 minutes.
- 4. Stir in Garam masala, the second salt, the second curry powder, and chili powder, then add coconut milk, tomato paste,chickpeas and chicken stock. Add the chicken back in and stir until combined and bring to a simmer for about 8-10 minutes..
- 6. Sprinkle in the lightly chopped cilantro just before service with rice..
- Note this did not come out spicy hot so if you like fire then feel free to bump it up. This tastes really good!.
If you find this Chicken Chickpea Coconut Curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.