Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. Most people typically think that healthy diets demand a lot of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making a couple of modest changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery because you most likely choose many items out of habit. For example, most probably you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see its sugar content. Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a good change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to paprika pork chops w/ peach mint purée & creamy coconut curry lentils recipe. You can have paprika pork chops w/ peach mint purée & creamy coconut curry lentils using 26 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils:
- You need of Peach Purée.
- Use 1 cup of Peaches, peeled and chopped.
- You need 1/2 cup of Greek Yogurt, plain.
- Get 1 tsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Orange Peel.
- Get 1 tbsp of White Wine.
- Get 1-2 tbsp of Mint Leaves.
- Prepare of Lentils.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Provide 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger.
- Provide 1 of small yellow onion.
- Get 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Take 1 cup of brown lentils (dry).
- Take 2 cups of vegetable broth.
- Provide 1 (13 oz.) of can coconut milk.
- Provide 3 cups of fresh baby spinach.
- You need 4 of Sweet Peppers.
- Use 1 of Jalapeño Pepper.
- Provide of Pork Chops.
- Use 4 of pork chops.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- Get 1 tsp of fine sea salt.
- Use 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Use 2 tbsp of vegetable or canola oil.
- You need of Lentils.
Steps to make Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils:
- Mix ingredients into blender and purée. Refrigerate until ready to use..
- Pat the pork chops thoroughly dry with paper towels..
- In a small bowl combine the paprika, salt, and pepper..
- Sprinkle both sides of all the pork chops evenly with the spice mixture. Set aside the chops while you prepare the pan..
- Mince the garlic, grate the ginger, and dice the onion. Add the olive oil, garlic, and ginger to a deep skillet, Dutch oven, or soup pot. Sauté the garlic and ginger over medium heat for 1 minute, or just until the garlic becomes soft and fragrant.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and continue to sauté over medium until the onion is soft and translucent. Add the curry powder and continue to sauté for about one minute more to toast the spices..
- Add the dry lentils and vegetable broth to the skillet. Stir to dissolve any browned bits from the bottom of the skillet. Place a lid on top, turn the heat up to medium-high, and bring the broth to a boil. Once boiling, turn the heat down to low, and let it simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally..
- After simmering for 20 minutes the lentils should be tender and most of the broth absorbed. Add the can of coconut milk and stir to combine. Turn the heat back up to medium and allow the skillet to come back up to a simmer. Let it simmer without a lid for an additional 10 minutes, stirring often, to thicken the mixture..
- Once thickened, turn the heat off. Add the fresh spinach and stir gently until the spinach has wilted. Taste the mixture and adjust the salt or curry powder to your liking, if needed. Add the peppers, stir and let rest..
- Heat a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the surface of the pan is hot, add the oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add the pork chops–they should make a bright sizzling sound immediately upon touching the pan; if they don't, take them out and let the pan and oil get a bit hotter..
- Reduce the heat to medium and cook the chops, undisturbed, until they're well browned and they release from the pan of their own accord, about 4 minutes. Turn and repeat on the other side..
- Remove the chops from pan and let sit, covered loosely with foil, for about 10 minutes. Serve hot..
- Serve and enjoy!.
If you find this Paprika Pork Chops w/ Peach Mint Purée & Creamy Coconut Curry Lentils recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.