Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Stamina Raising Treats.
We all know that consuming healthy snacks can help us really feel better inside our bodies. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of junk foods. A salad helps us feel much better than a piece of pizza (physically at any rate). Choosing healthier food choices can be difficult when it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a struggle because you have countless options. Why not try one of the following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain foods are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. A mid-morning snack of whole grain bread coupled with some protein will keep you until it’s time for the afternoon meal. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be fantastic for quick treats to eat on the go. Choosing whole grain foods is always far better than eating the refined grains we commonly obtain in our grocery stores.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s easy to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to spicy indian one pot curry recipe. To make spicy indian one pot curry you only need 37 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- You need of basic sauce.
- You need of oil.
- Get 2 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- Get 1 tbsp of clarified butter / cooking butter.
- You need 2 tbsp of fennel seeds.
- Use 2 tbsp of fenugreek seeds.
- Use 3 large of onions, chopped.
- Provide 2 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 stalk of curry leaves, chopped.
- Provide 4 each of green chillies.
- Use 5 large of ripe tomatoes.
- Use of beans (soaked for 12+ hours at least).
- Use 50 grams of black eyed peas.
- You need 50 grams of black gram.
- Get 50 grams of lima beans.
- Get 8 each of garlic cloves.
- Get 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need of salt.
- Provide of water.
- Use of vegetables.
- Get 2 medium of potatoes.
- Use 2 medium of brinjals / eggplants.
- Provide 2 medium of carrots.
- Take 250 grams of bottle gourd / calabash.
- You need 250 grams of yellow pumpkin.
- You need of water.
- Get of salt.
- Get of masalas.
- Provide 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of coriander seeds powder.
- Get of salt.
- Take of finishing.
- Prepare 1 cup of tamarind sauce.
- Prepare 1 pinch of asafoetida.
- Provide of chopped cilantro leaves.
Instructions to make Spicy Indian One Pot Curry:
- Rinse the soaked beans and pressure cook them with 7-8 cloves of garlic, 1 tsp turmeric powder, all of the curry powder, salt and water enough to just cover the beans. The cooked beans should be intact but mush at the slightest pressure. Set aside..
- Roughly chop the vegetables and boil them till they are 3/4th cooked. Boiling the bottle gourd / calabash separately is advisable as it will disintegrate if cooked as much as the other vegetables. Set aside..
- Heat oil in a large curry pot. Add the clarified butter to it and let it melt..
- Next, add the mustard seeds and the fennel seeds and let them sputter. Add the fenugreek seeds. Take care not to burn them as it would spoil the basic sauce..
- Add the chopped onion to this and fry till they are semi translucent after which add the ginger garlic paste and fry till the raw smell is no more..
- Add the chopped curry leaves and slitted green chillies and fry. The aroma at this point would be a rich smell without any rawness to it..
- Add the chopped tomatoes and let the mixture blend. Add the salt and remaining turmeric powder, all of the red chilli powder to this. Let the tomatoes dissolve and the oil separate. Add a little stock from the boiled vegetables if the mixture is too dry..
- After the basic sauce is ready, add all the beans and vegetables along with the water it was cooked in. If you feel that the liquid part of the curry is less, add hot water and mix it in. Let it boil for 5-7 minutes..
- Add the tamarind sauce and asafoetida to the curry and boil for another 5 minutes. Finish with chopped cilantro leaves and serve hot..
- This curry can be eaten with rice, any kind of bread or even as a stand alone dish, sort of like an Indian version of the Mexican chili. You can customize the beans and vegetables according to their availability in your vicinity..
If you find this Spicy Indian One Pot Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.