Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Coconut Chicken Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Goodies.
Eating healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. We are likely to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a slice of pizza. This can be a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. You can spend numerous hours at the grocery store searching for the right snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Why not try one of many following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Healthy foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. Starting your working day with a piece of whole grain toast can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you need a fast treat on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are usually better than processed grains included in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to coconut chicken curry recipe. You can cook coconut chicken curry using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Prepare of marinade.
- Provide 1 kg of chicken thighs (without skin), boneless.
- You need 1/2 cup of greek yoghurt (I used low fat).
- You need 1 tsp of hot chilli powder.
- Take 2 tsp of garam masala.
- Use 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need of Method- Poke your chicken thighs with a knife to absorb flavours.
- You need of Mix the poked chicken with all of the above (yoghurt + spices).
- You need of Leave to marinate for at least 1hour (pic below).
- Provide of to cook.
- Provide 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Use 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Take 2 tsp of curry powder.
- Use 2 tsp of sugar (I used brown sugar).
- You need 300 ml of full fat coconut milk (canned).
- Get 300 ml of water.
- Get 1 can of chopped tomatoes (300g).
- Take 1 tsp of red curry paste.
- Provide 1 of red chilli, halved (optional, I like mine with a slight kick!).
- Use 1 tsp of garlic paste.
- Use 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- Provide Handful of coriander leaves.
Steps to make Coconut Chicken Curry:
- For the marinade, mix the poked chicken with the yoghurt, and all the other marinade ingredients listed above. Leave to marinate for at least 1hour..
- Heat 2 tablespoon oil on medium-high heat. Put the chicken pieces in- sear for 3 mins on each side. Do it in 2 batches to avoid overcrowding the pan. Remove from pan. Then half each thigh to equal sizes. Set aside.
- Use the same oil that you seared the chicken, add chopped onions, 1tsp red chilli paste, 1 tsp garam masala, 2 tsp curry powder, 1 red chilli halved (optional). Mix and sauter until onions browned..
- Then add 1 can/tin of chopped tomatoes, 1 tsp ginger paste, 1 tsp garlic paste, pinch of salt. Mix all. Then add 300ml Water and stir. Cover pan (lid on) and let simmer on medium high heat for 10 mins. Stir occasionally..
- Once tomato sauce cooked, add the chicken pieces and stir with cooked sauce. Still on medium heat, cover and let the chicken cook in the sauce for 7 mins..
- Then remove lid from pan and let chicken cook (uncovered) for another 7 mins. Add 2 tsp of sugar. Mix.
- Then, add 300ml coconut milk, and mix with chicken sauce. Let cook on medium heat uncovered for 20-25 mins to thicken the sauce..
- Once the sauce has thickened, your chicken is ready! Garnish with chopped coriander leaves. Serve with rice 🧡 Bon appetit!!.
If you find this Coconut Chicken Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.